• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop wont work right when a second monitor is plugged in?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some context, I was using Photoshop with my Dell Inspiron 7773 and a Wacom Intuos and a second monitor attached. It was working perfectly fine for weeks, the keystrokes I had bound to the pen worked fine with the program, I told it to ignore the second monitor (profile) because it kept telling me it was defective or something. And it was fine! But now, whenever my second monitor is plugged in, it wont work.

Even though the pen is bound to the same keys as the tools in photoshop are, it doesn't open those tools! I press the second key on my pen, bound to B, and it doesn't switch to the brush. I look in my photoshop key bindings, and the brush is bound to B! not only that, but even though my tablet is set so that it only recognizes the laptop as a space it can draw on and stuff, whenever I enter photoshop, the callibration is slightly off to the left. Sai is working fine, all my key bindings are working fine, the callibration is fine, and otherwise, nothing has changed!

I don't really understand. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A lot of the time, frustrating issues in Photoshop can be fixed by resetting the preferences:

I'd give this a try:

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you startPhotoshop. You are prompted to delete the currentsettings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.3 Aug 2017

more here:

Preferences in Photoshop - Adobe Support

I hope this helps

if so, please do mark my reply as "helpful" and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct" below, so others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im afraid this didn't work, and now even though all my key bindings appear to be set up properly, pressing the keys to my brush, color picker, etc. doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

sorry it didn't help

you may have to re set up those key personal shortcuts (if that's what you are referring to)

but I'd not do that 'til you have the other issue sorted out.

Maybe this is question for Wacom support.

apologies

I hope this helps

if so, please do mark my reply as "helpful"

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a known issue with the Wacom driver and CC2018.  You need to remove Photoshop from the Application field in the Wacom preferences, and then add it again.  You'll need to redo the custom settings unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines