• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using transform -> perspective causes lines that were straight to become curved?!?

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to do some perspective drawing - using edit->transform->perspective to distort architectural drawings into place. When I do small distortions it seems to work fine, but larger distrortions cause straight diagonal lines to start curving - see attached example:

photoshopDistortionProblems.png - Google Drive

Is there a way to stop that happening? It makes it way harder to do old-fashioned perspective stuff like this ConceptArt.org: Art Forums,​ so much of it involves having diagonal construction lines, and obviously if they're curving it's impossible to figure out what on earth is going on!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paste the image into the thread. I'm not logging in anywhere just to view an image of unknown origin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow Dag's sage advice, choose this:

__insert image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha, sorry - was looking for that, couldn't see it 🙂 thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Google Drive there is no need to log in. It's just a link to an image.

Here it is:

imageFile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce that - try using Perspective warp instead

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He did - see his example on the left.

I can reproduce this as well, and in my mind this is a rather ugly bug. I tried the same transformation in other software, and it transforms correctly in those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that he had used Transform Perspective in both cases. The right image had just transformed further.
Perspective Warp does not seem to suffer this issue

I've raised a bug report here, you may wish to add your own comments :

Photoshop Transform Perspective issue | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yup, that's correct davescm - they're both using "transform perspective", but when you go beyond a certain point it starts curving. I actually do quite a bit of perspective drawing in photoshop, using that tool a lot, and haven't noticed this before - not sure if that's because it only occurs with extreme distortions or because it's a recent bug/"feature" though 🙂 Thanks for adding the bug, think it probably qualifies as one...

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 18.47.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines