• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen image white background prints with beige colour?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MapLH.jpg

Appears like this on screen, prints with beige coloured background.

Assistance please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Set it to relative colormetric or perceptual.

The difference between the two is the way any colours in the image that cannot be printed by the inks are handled. In simple terms relative colormetric moves those out of gamut colours to become printable  whereas perceptual moves the out of gamut colours and other nearby colours also in order to try and maintain a perceptual relationship between those colours. The second options sounds as if it should be better but it can have a wider impact on the g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7044

Is the image RGB or CMYK?

What are the print-settings, in particular Colour Management related ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 v 19.1.1

iMac iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015) Processor 3.1 GHz Intel core i5

Memory 16 GB Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB Mac OS 10.13.3

HP Color Laserwriter Model 451DN v402

Color handling Photoshop Manages Color

Document profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Image RGB. I have converted to CMYK but no change to image when printed in CMYK.

Message in Print dialog box Remember to disable the printer’s color management in the print settings dialog box.

I am unable to find the option to do this in Print Settings for this printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When choosing Photoshop Manages Color you also have to set two other things.

1. Photoshop Print dialogue set the printer profile to the specific profile for your printer and paper combination.

2. Set the Print settings to the specific settings for the paper being used including turning off any color management in the printer - otherwise you are trying to color manage twice. Below are the print settings for Epson but you should look for something similar

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to make sure: Is the background definitely 255/255/255?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your assistance and advice. This has helped me to understand more about the actual printing process.

I have dabbled with the settings in the print dialog box and unchecked "Simulate paper colour". Hey presto the diagram has now printed correctly.  I did not expect to have to do this.

.Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 8.14.27 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Turn off hard proofing and set it to normal printing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Do I leave the Rendering Latent setting at "selective colorimetric”? Given the explanation provided, that would seem to be the correct setting.

As I am a novice designer, is there a reference site where I can develop a better understanding of these terms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set it to relative colormetric or perceptual.

The difference between the two is the way any colours in the image that cannot be printed by the inks are handled. In simple terms relative colormetric moves those out of gamut colours to become printable  whereas perceptual moves the out of gamut colours and other nearby colours also in order to try and maintain a perceptual relationship between those colours. The second options sounds as if it should be better but it can have a wider impact on the general image if there are not many out of gamut colours in it.

Which is best - really depends on the image. I tend to use Relative Colormetric and look at Perceptual if there is an issue with a particular image.

There is some background reading here : Overview of Color Management

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reference. I'm impressed with the coverage and detail provided on this site. I've already bookmarked it for future reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines