• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import JPGS into classic lightroom cc

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing jpegs used to work for me, but then one day suddenly it just stopped working.  ( I did not touch the preferences)

When I want to import a JPEG photo to my Lightroom, it doesn't work,

it stays on the "Importing Files" page forever, and in the end it doesn't import anything

(I have tried reinstalling and resetting preferences but even after that, it still doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Have you selected the option in Lightroom preferences to treat JPEG images next to raw files as separate images? If that option isn't selected then Lightroom will ignore the JPEG images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more informations for help.

Which version of Lightroom do you use?

Which operating system do you use?

Is your system up-to-date?

From which location, camera or memory card reader or internal hard disk, do you try to import?

What has been changed on your system before the error occur?

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue.  I'm using Lightroom Classic CC 7.2.

There is a jpg file that I actually exported from Lightroom and it is sitting in the same folder as the original RAW file.  The application refuses to import it, no matter how many times I synchronize the folder.  I've tried manually importing it, but for some reason, the file doesn't even show up on the screen full of thumbnails.  This is extremely debilitating and only the latest in a list of complete showstopper bugs I've found in this latest version and 7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Window 10 64-bit, the file is in a folder on a NAS.  The catalog file is on the local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you selected the option in Lightroom preferences to treat JPEG images next to raw files as separate images? If that option isn't selected then Lightroom will ignore the JPEG images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, holy cow.  Wasn't even aware of that.  I came back to report that this doesn't seem to affect .TIFF files and found your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enabled that setting in preferences, did a re-synchronization and that fixed it!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many photographers shoot both raw and JPEG, but they don't want to clutter Lightroom with both file types. They used the JPEG images to give to clients or for other purposes and don't need them in Lightroom for editing. So that's why it's possible to filter them out. They are filtered by default, but it's easy to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the value. I only shoot in RAW currently, but I can definitely see the value in this.  Thank you for the explanation and use case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. It's always good to understand the logic behind things, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for solvimng this huge frustration for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its happening the same to me. I already check the box next to the raw option and still wont open.. What can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I moved a bunch of JPGs from my iPhone into a picture folder with some RAWs and symchronize will not import them.

I have always been on "treat JPGs as separate files".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines