• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to drag a selected area in two layers

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you keep making it more and more unnecessarily difficult to do simple tasks? Here is what I am talking about:
https://youtu.be/v2iHNKyEF_8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure exactly what the question is, but if you want to always move certain layers at the same time, you can link them using the link icon at the bottom of the Layers panel. That way you don't have to select each one individually every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you keep making it more and more unnecessarily difficult to do simple tasks?

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Why don’t you simply split the Layers (with the Selection active use Layer > New > Layer Via Cut) into the parts you want to move independently from one another?

If I misunderstood your problem please post a meaningful description on this Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you keep making it more and more unnecessarily difficult to do simple tasks?

Also: You seem to want to move parts of two different Layers (as opposed to two different Layers as a whole) simultaneously and you seem to claim it has been made »more and more unnecessarily difficult« – so would you mind sharing in which exact Photoshop version that was possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I am talking about moving parts of two different layers at once, I should have been more clear, sorry. I know this was possible in the 2015 CC Photoshop. I just recently upgraded my PC and had to reinstall Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this was possible in the 2015 CC Photoshop.

I don’t want to go to the trouble of installing that old version to verify that, but if you are sure you can install Photoshop CC 2015 again.

Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jean-leong84607711  wrote

yes, I am talking about moving parts of two different layers at once, I should have been more clear, sorry. I know this was possible in the 2015 CC Photoshop. I just recently upgraded my PC and had to reinstall Photoshop.

It has always been possible to move part of a single layer by selecting it and using the Move Tool.

Or copying by adding the Alt key, which is indicated by the double pointer cursor

But I am not aware that it has ever been possible to do this when more than one layer is selected.

What do you think your precise workflow was to achieve this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving two layers together:

Option 1: if they are in the same hierarchy you can group them and move

Option 2: Not the same Hierarchy: Select them and move them together

Option 3: Make a smart object from 2 layers and move the smart objects.

We are not trying to make life more difficult we re making sure you have a correct workflow!

We are a group of Volunteers that trying g to help! we do not work for Adobe!

We get the pin you are getting too we just trying to solve it with a smile!

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jean-leong84607711​,

if I understand you right - you select one layer in Layers panel and then a second layer also in the Layers panel? And with the Move-Tool you can now move the whole contents of both layers?

This is possible in all versions of PS that I know - also in PS CC2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/pixxxel+schubser  wrote

Hi jean-leong84607711 ,

if I understand you right - you select one layer in Layers panel and then a second layer also in the Layers panel? And with the Move-Tool you can now move the whole contents of both layers?

This is possible in all versions of PS that I know - also in PS CC2018

The OP wants to move just a part of two layers at the same time.  Not directly doable AFAIK, but there are several workarounds.  They all involve combining the layers, either by grouping or as a Smart Object, and then using a layer mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall that it was ever possible to move parts of two separate layers at the same time. Your best bet would be to put the pixels into their own layers so that you can move multiple complete layers. I find it handy to organize related layers into folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Barbara+Ash  schrieb

I don't recall that it was ever possible to move parts of two separate layers at the same time…

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines