• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Corruption Help!

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! So I have a drawing i'm working on, saved frequently as a PSD no problems. I go to save it as a PNG and it asks if I wish to save over file with same name, I didn't think I saved this as png already but yes over write. I close the file on photoshop and go to upload the png and I can't find it anywhere. I go to open the PSD to save again and I can't open the PSD. The png is nowhere to be found on my computer and the PSD throws "Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document.". The thumbnail for the drawing still shows how it was when I closed it.

I think I may have somehow saved the PNG over the PSD file somehow? I'm not sure really but I would LOVE some help because I really don't wanna start all over with this art :^(

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Photoshop open the file if you change the suffix to png?

If so you may have mistakenly saved the png with the name »….psd« (which might happen if you clicked on the psd in the save dialog) and destroyed your actual psd.

If you have no backups that would be that then …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is there's not PNG file to be found anywhere even though I saved it as a PNG. The only thing left is the PSD. I do not have a backup :^(
Thanks, I was hoping I could restore it somehow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once again: Does Photoshop open the file if you change the suffix to png?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dannyfouu  wrote

and it asks if I wish to save over file with same name

Photoshop always asks you if you want to save the original. You have already saved out a copy, in a different format, that's not the issue.

If you keep that in mind, this becomes easier to keep track of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines