• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NIK filters disappeared from the CC 2018 filter menu

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I updated Photoshop to the CC 2018 version, the NIK filters disappeared from the Filter pull-down menu. How can I get them back?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

This link has a short video on how to install on both platforms. It may be easier to search for the Plugins and then reinstall. Hope this helps!

Installation - Nik Collection Help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are in your previous version application folder. If you are on a mac Quit Photoshop and go to Applications > Adobe Photoshop 2017 CC > Plugins

Copy the Google folder and go to Adobe Photoshop 2018 > Plugins > Paste > Relaunch Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a PC user and unclear what specific steps would be needed, to get to the same result. Still trying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link has a short video on how to install on both platforms. It may be easier to search for the Plugins and then reinstall. Hope this helps!

Installation - Nik Collection Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.I downloaded anew the NIK filters and now they are available to me in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no video at this link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...until about 10 minutes ago I was ready to give up. I looked at the PS CC 2018 plugins folder and saw the Google folder. When I opened it the plugins were inside. I closed it and opened the plugins folder of my old PS CC 2017 version. There I found the difference. The 2017 had the Google folder but it also had a NIK Collection folder. I figured at that point I had nothing to lose so I copied the NIK Collection folder from my 2017 version and pasted it into the plugins folder of the 2018 version. Now I have both the Google and NIK Collection folders in my 2018 plugins...BINGO!!! It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bobefitz.

Worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cmgap This worked perfectly for me on Mac Sierra 10.13 and Photoshop CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a charm! You're my hero!  (I don't take for granted that web advice works so quickly, easily, perfectly.)  Thanks so much for sharing the intellectual wealth!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! Thanks for that feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you just did this for PS CC 20.02 and it worked beautifully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I read your post but it is not working for me. I did copy paste it in CC2018 and I see them under Filter, but it is doing nothing. Is it under CC2018 maybe a problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Presets preference setting? Is the Store Presets with this Lightroom box checked or unchecked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm working in CC2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nannette - What have you tried so far? Did you watch the video in the link in the post above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cmgap, I read the comment of bobefitz and this helped me out, together with your advice of the settings in NIK. So I got it figured out. Thank you for replying me and helping me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am about to give up now. I always restored NIK with each new Photoshop version by copying the Plugins folder from the previous folder. So far so good. This time since it didn't work for me I uninstalled NIK and installed it from ground up (newest version 1.2.11). I now have the situation that there is a google folder under Program Files and under "Plug-ins" in Photoshop (64bit) there is a folder "Google" and on the next level folders for "Analog Efex Pro 2" a.s.o.

In these folders there is a link to the respective *.8bf file in the 64bit directory of the google folder under Program Files. I understand the setup and would expect that it works. But when starting PS I get a message "At least one module not available. Details under Help -> System info" (I translated the German message, so it might be different on the English PS version).

In this info I just get a message that the modules have not been installed without any reason given. (Translations added in italics)

--------

Nicht geladene Plug-Ins: Plugins not loaded

Analog Efex Pro 2 KEINE VERSION NO VERSION -  - aus Datei from file “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Analog Efex Pro 2\Analog Efex Pro 2 (64-Bit)\Analog Efex Pro 2.8bf”

BackgroundFilter KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Dfine 2\Dfine 2 (64-Bit)\Background.8bf”

Color Efex Pro 4 KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Color Efex Pro 4\Color Efex Pro 4 (64-Bit)\Color Efex Pro 4.8bf”

Dfine 2 KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Dfine 2\Dfine 2 (64-Bit)\Dfine2.8bf”

FineStructuresFilter KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Dfine 2\Dfine 2 (64-Bit)\FineStructures.8bf”

HDR Efex Pro 2 KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\HDR Efex Pro 2\HDR Efex Pro 2 (64-Bit)\HDR Efex Pro 2.8bf”

HotPixelsFilter KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Dfine 2\Dfine 2 (64-Bit)\HotPixels.8bf”

Merge to HDR Efex Pro 2 KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\HDR Efex Pro 2\HDR Efex Pro 2 (64-Bit)\HDR Efex Pro 2.8bf”

Nik Collection Selective Tool KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Plug-Ins\Google\Selective Tool\SelectivePalette.8li”

ShadowsFilter KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Dfine 2\Dfine 2 (64-Bit)\Shadows.8bf”

Sharpener Pro 3: (1) RAW Presharpener KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Sharpener Pro 3\Sharpener Pro 3 (64-Bit)\SHP3RPS.8bf”

Sharpener Pro 3: (2) Output Sharpener KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Sharpener Pro 3\Sharpener Pro 3 (64-Bit)\SHP3OS.8bf”

Silver Efex Pro 2 KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Silver Efex Pro 2\Silver Efex Pro 2 (64-Bit)\Silver Efex Pro 2.8bf”

SkinFilter KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Dfine 2\Dfine 2 (64-Bit)\Skin.8bf”

SkyFilter KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Dfine 2\Dfine 2 (64-Bit)\Sky.8bf”

StrongNoiseFilter KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Dfine 2\Dfine 2 (64-Bit)\StrongNoise.8bf”

Viveza 2 KEINE VERSION -  - aus Datei “C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Viveza 2\Viveza 2 (64-Bit)\Viveza2.8bf”

------------

Does anybody have an idea what's wrong???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: NIK is added to the Lightroom context menu - so it works in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hint: I opened a new thread for my problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines