• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic Not Responding

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen similar posts but they are all from several months ago.  Mine started in the last couple of days.  LR Classic is slow to not responding making edits difficult at best and exporting files almost impossible.

- I am using the latest version (7.2) on windows;

- have sufficient RAM (8GB);

- the graphics processor is not enabled and

- I've tried installing/reinstalling.

I also tried a chat but was on hold so long I had to give up.  I'm at my whits end!   Anyone else having this problem?

Message was edited by: Mod to enlarge Text to make it more readable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing a lot of brushing and/or a lot of spot healing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige:  Yes, I do a lot of modifications in LR but this is nothing new.  The slow response time is what has changed.  I cannot see my adjustments as they are being made due to the not responding messages.  This has even resulted in a crash at one point (crash report sent).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, if you are doing a lot of brushing and spot healing, this can slow people down, and some folks do claim that it is worse in LR 7.2. Make sure you have turned OFF the "Use Graphics Processor" box under Preferences/Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done that - thanks.  Waiting for an on line chat now.  Maybe they can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have tried a clean reinstallation?

Deinstall Lightroom again.

Run the Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Install Lightroom.

Is your system up-to-date? If you have installed the latest graphic driver then try to install an older version. Sometime the latest drivers are buggy.

Take also a look here:

Optimize Lightroom performance

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-performance-whats-slow/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-performance-workflow-tweaks/

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Axel Matt:  No new graphic driver.  Did a complete reinstallation.  Only new thing in the last few days was an Adobe update to Camera Raw CC.  But that's for Photoshop and Bridge.  Couldn't have an effect here could it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peggyv4847951  schrieb

Only new thing in the last few days was an Adobe update to Camera Raw CC.  But that's for Photoshop and Bridge.  Couldn't have an effect here could it?

No. The CameraRaw - Update has only affected to Photoshop.

peggyv4847951  schrieb

Axel Matt:  No new graphic driver. 

This means you have uinstalled the latest version of the graphic driver? Then try an older version.

But as fas as I read in your other answers you have made a lot of modifications to the pictures. Especially when you heavily use the brush and spot healing in Lightroom the perfomance can be extremely slow. 

When you need to do many of these corrections it is better to to this in Photoshop. Make the standard development of a picture in Lightroom and the open this picture in Photoshop and make the fine tuning. 

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you syncing with the LR Mobile/Web system?

Are you doing Face Recognition?

Do you have the Address Lookup running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I was on a chat with Adobe for 3 hours this morning.  They got into my machine and have been unable to find a fix yet.  I'll keep you posted if they find the solution.  Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Final (I hope) Update:

I was out of town for a few days when Tech Support last tried to contact me.  I did have my laptop with me and was still having issues but, without WIFI, I tried to set up a time to reconnect when I returned.

As soon as I returned home, I set up and waited for a call that never came.  During that time, I opened LR and started working without any of the issues I had just the day before!  How can that be?  They did not have access to my machine and I installed no updates. 

I guess I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.  It's working now but I sure would like to know what went wrong so I could fix it without wasting 3+ hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines