• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I set place options from Library in Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm placing graphics from Library in Adobe Photoshop but these graphics are placed as "Bouncing Box" and I need it will be placed as "Media Box" or "Crop Box". How can I set Photoshop options for this?

Thanks in advance.

[Moderator] Moved to Photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

I am trying to figure out the AI files like you have. I think the problem is in Ai files layout.

In Ai there isn't background. The background color you can set only by placing any shape on artboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more details. What you mean saying "Bounding Box" or "Ccrop Box". What type of graphics is it?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add two screenshots:
First one is where I have the problem. When I place (copy or linked) an image, this image appears like the "Bounding Box" option when you go File>Place Linked/Embedded.Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 15.51.56.png

Second one image is the options to place an image when you go File>Place Linked/Embedded.

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 13.53.07.png

I need to place images from Library as "Crop Box" or "Media Box". Anyone knows how to set up the Library options to do this?

Thanks in advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For first part of you have to:

Keep graphics up to date with linked assets

When using library assets that may be modified, use linked assets for peace of mind.  When an original asset is modified, all project files using the linked asset will be updated to the latest version. Assets dragged from the Libraries panel are linked assets by default.

To edit an asset independently from the original in your Library — unlinked — press Alt (Windows) or Option (macOS) while dragging it from the Libraries panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Ares for your fast answer.

There is something that I don't understand because when I do the same in Illustrator (place graphics from the Library), it don't happens! In Adobe Illustrator images are placed in "Crop Box", the image placed has all the size of the worktable original meanwhile in Adobe Photoshop the image placed only has the size of the graphic content.
I hope that could help you to understand my problem.

Thanks in advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please uncheck this preference. See what will happen Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have unchecked this preference and don't happen nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure out the AI files like you have. I think the problem is in Ai files layout.

In Ai there isn't background. The background color you can set only by placing any shape on artboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ares, that answer works!

Thank you so much for your time.

Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of images you importing? JPG, GIF, PNG, with transparent background or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm importing .AI files and they have no background.

I recently verify that the problem happens only with some of those .ai files; Other files that are in the same Library works right, when I place its the appears with the worktable size. I think it would be a problem of settings of some files.

Some days ago it worked right, so my problem is that I don't know why this change happened (maybe a Creative Cloud update?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines