• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export InDesign file to PDF for Print: Small file size

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a product catalog for my company with 80 pages, and when I export the file to PDF it's HUGE. It's not a surprise, but can I make it smaller? Do I need to save all images I've used so their effective PPI is 300 or less? I have some that have an effective PPI of 1400.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Even if they have an effective PPI of 1400, in your compression settings at output, you should have set a max resolution there (could be 300 for images above 450 or similar, depending on your PDF choices). Also make sure you have the two checkboxes at the bottom of the Compression pane checked. You might also check under the Advanced pane and see that font subsetting is set with 100% in the value field (meaning it will only subset the font)...especially if you have a lot of fonts or really huge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip,

Please check this thread for more details: How to reduce pdf size without compromising quality?

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if they have an effective PPI of 1400, in your compression settings at output, you should have set a max resolution there (could be 300 for images above 450 or similar, depending on your PDF choices). Also make sure you have the two checkboxes at the bottom of the Compression pane checked. You might also check under the Advanced pane and see that font subsetting is set with 100% in the value field (meaning it will only subset the font)...especially if you have a lot of fonts or really huge fonts.

And then also check the thread listed above, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines