• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

While drawing fast strokes. vertical lines appear in my drawing ( using photoshop cs 6 )

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys. i'am having this problem where when i draw using my tablet pen ( huion gt - 191 ) random vertical line appears for no reason.. i hope anyone can help me with this issue. here's a video how it looks like. im using windows 7 64 bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried re-installing the driver for the Tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did reinstall the driver the problem is still there T.T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if View menu > Show > Smart Guides is checked on. Uncheck that and see if the problem remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem still remained.. =( so sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do you only encounter that in Photoshop?

Did you try the wintab fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes! i only encounter this on photoshop. i tried this method where you write a txt. file " PSUserconfig.txt " with the notepad " # wintab system stylus 0 " but still the problem still exist =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too. It just started happening this afternoon.  I attached a second monitor to my PC, that's the only thing that has changed to my set-up and now this very frustrating thing is happening. No software has updated during the day!

Using the mouse is fine. Ink works fine (although from the video I'll attach it looks a bit ropey). The monitor recognises the pen when floating above the screen, photoshop even recognises the pen when using it to select buttons, but when you go to try and draw it goes haywire and just random verticle lines.

I'm using a Huion GT-220. I've never had any problems with it while using photoshop before! What the heck is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And like Steadlinks said above this only happens in Photoshop. It works perfectly with my other drawing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's as if the cursor, when using the pen, is somehow stuck to the bottom of the page.  Please see the video attached (excuse my exasperation! I've now lost hours to this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lennie, that has to be the tablet driver, and the way it talks to Photoshop.  The last post before your first, mentioned the text file that forces the WinTab API (that being the interface between your operating system and Photoshop.  Try using that text, as per the instructions on this page from the overview of this forum.  Note this assumes you are using Windows 8.1 or 10.  I don't know how this works with OSX

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

What's the best way to use a tablet with Photoshop on Windows 8 or later?

On Windows 8 or later, Photoshop CC 2014 or later will use Windows Ink—a Windows system stylus API—to control the interaction of Photoshop and a stylus device. Using Windows Ink will give you better stroke results and allow you to use your tablet PC or convertible device without having to install a driver.

For Wacom tablets:

Enable Windows Ink in the Wacom Control Panel. To change press and hold functionality, use the Pen and Touch control panel.

See the Wacom support site for more information.

For other tablets:

If the tablet uses a WinTab driver that does not have an option to use Windows Ink, or if you encounter other issues (see below for possible issues), you can force Photoshop to use WinTab by performing the following steps.

1. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

2. Type in the following lines:

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt in the Photoshop settings folder: [Installation Drive]:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

To turn off the reversion to WinTab in Photoshop, do one of the following:

• Delete the PSUSerConfig.txt file.
  • Change the lines so they read:

UseSystemStylus 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot for the life of me find that folder in order to save the txt file!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found that folder, created that txt file, saved it in the place advised. It didn't work. Pen is still acting incorrectly and producing vertical lines from bottom of page to point that the pen hits the canvas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you set Photoshop to use the Wintab APIs then you also have to turn of "Use Windows Ink" in the tablet driver. I know where that is in the Wacom properties but I've no idea for the Huion tablet so will need to search in your tablet properties for similar.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines