• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red,Orange and Green random stains.Help!!!

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys does anyone know why after processing photos  in Lightroom they end up having this random red, orange or sometimes green stains and shadows? It never happened to me before and I am not sure how to fix it? They are not so visible in Lightroom but once I transfer them to computer or  I attache them to Google drive or download to my phone it is quite visible. I attached a photo so if someone can help me out I would really appreciate! Screenshot_20180227-204645.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

What are your export settings from Lightroom. The second image appears to have quite heavy compression applied which can cause blotchy/blocky shadows. Typically the jpeg quality setting should be around 85. Higher is not generally visible in difference and much lower settings can cause banding and blockiness.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not much of an expert. But it looks like color noise to me. Have you tried to reduce color noise using the detail adjustment tools to see if that helps at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess  wrote

But it looks like color noise to me. Have you tried to reduce color noise using the detail adjustment tools to see if that helps at all?

Also, what were the exposure settings, and was this taken at a high ISO speed? If the image was underexposed or taken at a high ISO speed, Jim is probably right that it's color noise. If they're big discolored patches, then they may be the kind of high ISO speed, low-frequency color noise that is specifically addressed by the Smoothness slider in the Noise Reduction controls in Lightroom. If that's the case, try moving the Smoothness slider and see if it gets any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ISO was 320 ,f 1/4 and speed 1/1000.But problem is many photos from this photoshoot have those marks and patches so it is not just this one photo.It was taken in dark spot yes but it is not a first time I shoot in dark places and that discoloration never happened before. Here is the another photo from that shoot with a same issue.

ps.I appreciate you guys took time to reply.2018-02-28 06.18.28 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much are you pushing these images.

Please show a screen shot of one of them in the Develop module with the basic section open and if you used the adjustment brush on parts of them a SS with that open showing the settings.

In what program are you displaying the images to take the screen shots you posted. the first one has some white object on the right side near the top of the image. I've never seen anything like that in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing that but I don't see any changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the original images RAW files or JPGs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your export settings from Lightroom. The second image appears to have quite heavy compression applied which can cause blotchy/blocky shadows. Typically the jpeg quality setting should be around 85. Higher is not generally visible in difference and much lower settings can cause banding and blockiness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help! It was indeed export settings! Once again thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with Jim on the initial guess.

Any chance you can link us to the unedited, not-resized, original image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines