• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchased several copies of Photoshop, still only allows 2 computers with my Adobe ID

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our organization has purchased 3 copies of Photoshop CC, each with its own unique activation code.  I activated each one on 3 computers with my Adobe ID.  We get an error message saying that only 2 of the computers can have Photoshop active on them.  These are 3 separate copies of PS, not 1 copy loaded onto 3 computers.  We paid for each copy, so I don't understand why we can't use all 3 at the same time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Activation code.

Activation is done by the Adobe ID used.

How did you buy these 3 copies? Did you use 3 different Adobe ID's?

With the need for 3 copies you should look into a TEAM license.

You can only have 2 copies activated at the same time with one Adobe ID. And with that you can only use one copy, one install on one computer, at the same time.

So if you need to have all 3 computers run PS at the same time you definitely need to look into the Team system.

Contact Adobe Sales for more details. Sorry I don't have a link for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did each copy have a unique redemption code, if all it took

activate was to use my Adobe ID?

We've already purchased the 3 copies we needed, & these staff

positions end in December, so I think it's too late to consider the

Team option.

These 3 copies were purchased separately from B&H Photo, at 3

different times as we needed them. B&H emailed the link to activate

the PS, along with the redemption code.

I can understand limiting the number of computers if you're using the

same copy of PS, but we paid for 3 copies, & regardless of my Adobe

ID, we should be allowed to use all 3. Adobe should offer an option

to convert these to the Team license, but I can't find any info about

that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked B&H and they do offer PS as a 1 year subscription for $239.88

And then they have several links to PS Lightroom 6 as a one time cost, Perpetual License, and to the Photography plan that included both PS and LR Classic CC for $119.88 for a one year subscription.

Then they list several Photoshop Elements versions.

Please state the exact version of Photoshop you are using. Open PS and go to Help >>> System Info and post the exact version number you are using.

If you got a Redemption code then you more than likely bought Photoshop Elements. But please check as instructed above.

With a redemption code you have to go to the Adobe Redemption code Redeem web page and get a Real Serial number that you have to enter when installing the software.

You should of gotten 3 serial numbers. One for each Redemption code. You would use a different serial number for each install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

These are all 1-year subscription PS CC.

One is version 2015.1.2

Two of them are 2017.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Redemption codes are a way of buying a credit to be applied to an Adobe ID later, since a subscription only exists once it’s applied. Each Adobe ID must belong to the person using it, and is able to have one retail subscription (per product) only. If one person needs 3 copies they need multiple IDs. You cannot use retail products via a central account. That’s why Adobe offer volume licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines