Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening PDF in IE11 browser stops with loading

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I could need some advice in finding problem opening pdf in browser IE11.

Problem seen.

When i try to open website http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/templates/agphome/documents/Pests_Pesticides/JMPR/Report07/Triadimefon.... my browser stops loading at +/- 400kb. Each time is a different size. When i look  at the folder C:\Users\moreer\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CENR2G39 i see that the document has the size of downloading. So it stops downloading at a given point. When i refresh a coppleof times the document could be fully downloaded and it displays in IE11.

I have no problem in Firefox.

I have no problem when plugin is disabled.

When i disable the plugin the file will be fully downloaded and displayed in adobe acrobat Pro DC.

The file is downloaded in the same location as where IE wants to download it.

We have reader XI installed and acrobat DC.

I have tested it with changing reader preferences

enable/disable  Display in Read Mode by default

Connection speed 56Kbps/LAN

Enable/disable Allow fast web view

Security enhanced    Protected view off/All files

Enable/Disable   Enable Enhenced Security

IE setting Registry

Add to trusted sites

use SSL3.0

But nothing seems to work?

Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Remcom,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you still facing this issue? If yes, please try disabling SSL setting in IE and check if that helps:

Launch IE > on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

On the Advanced tab, under Security, uncheck Use SSL 3.0

Click Apply, and then click OK and try again

Note: Disabling SSL setting is for troubleshooting purpose only. Please turn the feature back on after troubleshooting is complete.

Also, try troubleshooting steps given in this help doc: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/cant-view-pdf-web.html

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a client that is having this exact same issue. I have done a complete reinstall of the Adobe DC software, Reset all IE settings and cleared out temp internet files, also tried all the fixes mentioned above and have had no luck. Can any further assistance be provided?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shawng35104741,

Can you share with us the following information:-

1. Do you face the issue with any particular link? If yes can you share with us the same.

2. Acrobat/Reader version

3. Please take browser debug logs and send us over along with other information at soudas@adobe.com. Steps:-

Get browserloggingadd.reg and browserloggingremove.reg from here - https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Abc9b782c-9ff8-4872-b494-19be...

1. Run browserloggingadd.reg file which will add registries. (Select Yes if dialog shows up)

2. Download debugview.exe from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb896647.aspx

3. Run DebugView, keep it opened.

4. Go to DebugView→ Options→ Check "Clock Time" and "Show milliseconds".

5. Clear Debug View logs using "Edit->Clear Display" or CTRL+X

6. Open PDF in IE(or web app) using current workflow till you get the error/hang. Please note the time(PC time) you get error/hang/crash and mention it while providing logs.

7. Exit IE/Web app.

8. Save logs in DebugView. (Use save as, because DebugView sometimes overwrites the logs)

9. Exit DebugView.

10. Send the logs.

11. Run browserloggingremove.reg to remove registry entries.

Regards

Soumik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I wanted to add that Microsoft has announced dropping support for Internet Explorer 11 and older versions since 2015.

As a matter of fact, there are websites already not supporting internet explorer which recommend the users to use Chrome or Firefox instead; such is the case of some secure and anonymous email services that offer end to end encryption (for free by the way).

I also notice that  the URL you posted for that particular United Nations website  is using HTTP and not HTTPS .

Nevertheless, you may also continue to try with IE11 and follow the suggestions recommended above by Soumik and Shivam.

OR, continue to explore  with checking and unchecking compatibility view settings, disabling/enabling Smart Screen Filter, turn on or off Filter ActiveX Controls, enabling /disabling cookies, clearing out both the TEMP folder and Temporary Internet Fils folder and such.

You may also want to check additional configuration options as shown in the following link:

How do I STOP Internet Explorer from blocking any downloads I want to - Microsoft Community

And to complete that checklist of trial and errors here is a little bit  of healthy paranoia:

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/stop-webrtc-leaks/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines