• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walking Issue With Neck

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My character is having issues with the neck area when walking. I've tried moving the neck tag around, removing it completely, but the issue persists.... I made my torso independent, but that caused the bottom of the head to warp. It sort of has 2 spikes and they move like the legs.

Can anyone give any suggestions to fix it? Thanks!

neck.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Try this -- make the right profile independent (click the crown on)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just fixed the head and torso together, which has produced a better result, but now my shadow layer is dancing about!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more detail about the neck issues you had before you fixed the head and torso together?

Here is a rigging I've found to work pretty well. Usually I move the head tag to the neck area and then also tag it as neck.

BasicRiggingSetup.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved the head tag and also added the neck tag to it, but I still have the same behaviour with a shadow layer dancing about.

Can you see it in this video? duck dodgy neck.mp4 - Google Drive

These are my current settings... don't know if that will help any though! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did look at your video.

At what level do you have the walk behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh haaaa! I have walk strength at 100% and it improves if I lower it - BUT... it's not a convincing walk! More of a shuffle!! Hahah!

Could I lower the strength, but up something else to make the walk more convincing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That probably just made the problem less obvious, so it's not the answer.

I was really wondering if the walk behavior was on some group below "Duck," but that looks not to be the case from your screen cap. It could just be some tagging glitch. If you want to export a *.puppet file of your rigging and post it here, maybe I or someone else can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing. I'm messing about with his look at the moment for a video I'm doing, so may be a bit of a mess!! The walk behaviour should still function though: Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this -- make the right profile independent (click the crown on)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what making the profiles independent does. I got some help from the CH team to figure it out. The problem seems to be that if the profiles are not independent, the mesh of each profile affects the other profiles.

Original Puppet_004.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhhh! Thank you so much!!! Still learning about all this, even after almost a year of using it. Awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. I'm still learning too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines