• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fontea plugin woes

Advisor ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone attempted to install the plugin fontea for Photoshop ? It creates a folder that begins with com although when placed in the Program Files > PhotoshopCC 2017 > Plugins folder it doesn't get loaded when starting Photoshop ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

I'm sorry - I wasn't prompted to run Photoshop at all. I did so of my own accord, to see if the installation worked.

From what you're describing, that last sentence appears to me to possibly be an issue with Photoshop, itself. You say it shows up at first, then disappears. Are you running any other extensions? If so, I'd suggest there may be a conflict, and so turning them all off (or removing them from the folder, temporarily) will answer whether there's a conflict. It's possible something else

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I installed this on my Mac. It doesn't create a regular plugin - it's actually found in the Window>Extensions folder. The files that got created were in my User folder - and in there, you'd find the com.madebysource.fontea folder in the Windows equivalent of the Application Support>Adobe>CEP>Extensions folder and I seem to also have one that's just mainly in the Application Support folder - free-floating. There's also a Fontea folder in the Application Support folder

I didn't extract it - I used the installer, itself. Didn't your .exe file for the download have an installer in it?

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's under Window>Extensions as S.Gans said above.

Photoshop cc 2017.0.1 on win 10 x64 shown below.

Screenshot-(92).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it and it showed up straight away in the Window > Extension menu, but I had to install it twice before the fonts displayed with correct previews, and clicking on any of the fonts brings up an error message, so I don't have it working so far.   Has anyone actually read the instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I originally installed the extension via the installation method of the extension it installed its self in \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Plug-ins @S_Gans brought to my attention this path \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\CEP\extensions.  Therefore I moved the folder beginning with COM to the second path; restarted Photoshop and nothing continues to be listed under Window > Extension ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

When I originally installed the extension via the installation method of the extension it installed its self in \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Plug-ins @S_Gans brought to my attention this path \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\CEP\extensions.  Therefore I moved the folder beginning with COM to the second path; restarted Photoshop and nothing continues to be listed under Window > Extension ?

I'd say don't move the files - copy them. They were in BOTH places. Now, it may be because I have multiple versions of Photoshop installed, so I can't answer which location is appropriate to your setup - but I do have the files in both locations for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At one point today, I did have the files in both locations @S_Gans.  After re-installing the extension, it may have been the third time;  I do not see fontea in my Windows > Extension list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry. I'm on the MacOS, not Windows, so I can't make further suggestions as to additional places the files may need to be on your OS. Perhaps the developer may help. Their tech support is at: team@madebysource.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

madebysource doesn't give support for free extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps someone on here with Windows can then make a suggestion. Which version of windows are you using, as it looks like the installer did work for others with Windows on this thread.

You say you've reinstalled it at least 3 times? May I suggest you search all your library files for anything associated with the extension and delete everything that hints at the words fontea or madebysource. Then, reset Photoshop preferences and then try the installation again. Looks like at least 1 or 2 of your regular installations did put files where they belong, but with all these attempts and manual moving, the files got in too many places for your Photoshop to know where to find them?

Otherwise, there's always the nuclear version... to uninstall all extensions, back up your plugins folder, and then use the Adobe Uninstaller Tool to completely uninstall Photoshop. Then... reinstall it again and try ONLY the fontea extension at first. That seems extreme though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as i can tell, on a windows x64 bit machine with photoshop cc 2017, the Fontea extension installs in

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Plug-ins\Generator\com.madebysource.fontea

When i ran the installer, i just used the Install Now button and not Select photoshop manually

Screenshot-(93).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When any of you installed Fontea did you immediately run Photoshop after installation ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. I'd had PS running, quit it, installed Fontea, and immediately ran Photoshop again to test it. Had to log in, and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the installation finished, you were prompted to run Photoshop and so you did. 

Re-install the extension, except; do not run Photoshop when prompted.  Rather run Photoshop once the installation is complete. 

When the installation is complete and I'm prompted to run Photoshop, I see the fontea extension in Windows > Extension.  Although, if I don't run Photoshop immediately after installation and run Photoshop thereafter the installation is complete; I don't see the fontea extension in the Windows > Extension list ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry - I wasn't prompted to run Photoshop at all. I did so of my own accord, to see if the installation worked.

From what you're describing, that last sentence appears to me to possibly be an issue with Photoshop, itself. You say it shows up at first, then disappears. Are you running any other extensions? If so, I'd suggest there may be a conflict, and so turning them all off (or removing them from the folder, temporarily) will answer whether there's a conflict. It's possible something else needs to be upgraded.

Not long ago, Photoshop had a limitation on Filters - if you had more than 6 installed, only the first alphabetical 6 would show up. Perhaps one of your other extensions is making Photoshop act in the same way for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The limitation could play a role; I'm going to investigate into this.  Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure it's not the same thing, as an update to Photoshop at the time, resolved the filter issue. However (as I'm not a software engineer) I can logically see where a similar bug might affect extensions, if there's some kind of conflict involved. Good luck on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fontea plugin works! Just  make sure that you have selected horizontal/vertical on text box in PS instead of  H/V MASK as this puts a constrain on the fontea fonts. Go to text box as usual, make sure to select Horizontal or Vertical text; write text, click  font of choice on Fontea font box-  Fontea will start downloading the font of your choice. Done!  The mask box was the prob for me.Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it still work with Photoshop 2019 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that it did not.

I was pulling my hair out over this and finally installed CC 2018 just to check.  I also ran Revo Uninstaller on Fontea in "Moderate" mode to make sure it was removed completely from the registry and any extraneous folders removed.

I installed Fontea, clicking "Select Photoshop Manually" and chose the Photoshop for CC 2018.  It installed like a charm!

Then I went into C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Plug-ins/Generator/com.madebysource.fontea and copied all those files into C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019/Plug-ins/Generator/com.madebysource.fontea.

That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that you can't select a font before you have the text you want to convert to that font. If I select a font without text, I get your error above, if I select text, or a text layer, and then choose a font, it syncs and changes that font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works for me, and makes it a pretty worthwhile extension. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOw??? Please elaborate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the location fontea was installed (2017 only) for everyone who posted in this thread ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine went to the same place as R_Kelly stated (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Plug-ins\Generator) but it does not show up....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines