• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging parts of one photo into another

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two photos. In one the background is in focus and the foreground is not, while in the other the reverse is true. I'd like to merge the in focus parts into one photo. How do I do this in CS4? I'm sure there are different ways to do it, but I'm a bit rusty as I have not used Photoshop in quite awhile. Thanks.

IMG_6415.jpgIMG_6414.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a simple case like this you could just put one layer above the other, lower the opacity of the top layer, so that you can see both, and align the building edges.

Turn back up the opacity, make a selection of the wanted parts and add a mask revealing those parts  (Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal Selection).

Finally, add a curve adjustment to balance the tone in the upper layer to the overall image. Clip that curve (Alt click in the layers panel between the curve and the layer below) so that it only affects the upper layer

I hope that gets you started

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lady.jpg

1. Make the woman image a layer over the scene image.

2. Choose both layers and then Edit > Auto-Align layers

3. Set the top layer blending mode to Multiply, and adjust Opacity so that you can see the scene layer.

4. Edit > Transform > Scale up the Woman layer so that she completely covers the underexposed section. When you do, move the center marker to the lower left corner. Hold down the Shift key to maintain proportion

5. Return the Blending mode to Normal. Opacity 100%

6. Choose the Quick Selection tool and choose Select Subject in the Options bar.

7. Add to the selection to take in the ledge and wall

8. Choose Select and Mask in thee Options bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines