Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC2018 fails to launch when opening file from Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A while ago Photoshop froze while several large files were open.

I figured it was a graphics card issue because when I restarted the machine my secondary monitor had stopped working.

I sent the computer away and no issue was found. When it was plugged back in it worked again.

Ever since then when I double click an image in Bridge it doesn't automatically launch Photoshop as it should.

I tried reinstalling PS, re-starting, then reinstalling Bridge but the problem persists.

Any ideas?

I'm running Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra) on a Late 2013 Mac Pro 3.5 Ghz 6-Core, 2 x AMD FirePro D300 3048 MB graphics cards.

John

Moderator: Moved to Photoshop forum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Bridge preferences

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ged,

tried that and no difference. I have noticed that it's fine with tiff and jpeg files but Raw files don't launch Photoshop from ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines