• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask has changed

Participant ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something changed in the latest update, making selections when masking much more difficult.

#1 I keep on accidently deleting the image instead of deleting parts of the mask (see thumbnails). Before the update, I couldn't edit the file I was masking.
#2 I now I have to make a deselection before making a selection. Before, I could just click and it would make a selection.

If anyone knows what settings to adjust to it goes back to it's previous function, please let me know
Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.16.44 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

You see in your screenshot above the white borders around the image thumbnail? That means the image is targeted, and whatever you do works on the image pixels.

Click the mask thumbnail to target the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now really understanding your question  .

You can still add to selection while you are working.

Can you show the steps with a screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 7.19.23 PM.jpg

As you can see in the thumbnail on the left, the image has been erased at points. That was not intentional, I was trying to mask it. I was never able to delete portions of an image before the most recent photoshop update, so it seems like that behavior has changed. I'm trying to understand what changed, and how I can reset it to the previous settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did change the view of the mask.

If you want to work on the mask target it again :and go to the properties and anything you do will be part of the mask.

Or go to the Mask without using select and mask and work directly on the mask.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 11.43.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I hope they change it back, I keep on editing the image accidently instead of the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You see in your screenshot above the white borders around the image thumbnail? That means the image is targeted, and whatever you do works on the image pixels.

Click the mask thumbnail to target the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup thanks, you didn't used to be able to edit the image so the change is throwing me off. Hope they change it back Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines