• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to decrypt multiple pdfs (all of them have the same password) - Action Wizard

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried to decrypt multiple files at once but unable to succeed. I did try many options suggested in the internet but no luck. So hoping i could find some help here..

Software used : Adobe Acrobat X Pro , OS: Windows 7 Enterprise

Here is what i did to decrypt 3 files which have same password and are placed in a folder in my desktop

> Created new action using the action wizard

> Under the "Protection" Action, selected encrypt - Option - Security Method - "None"

> Start with -> "A folder on my computer"

> Save to -> Ask when action is started & saved the action

When i run this action, it doesn't prompt me to enter the password so that it could decrypt instead it gives me the message in the image I've attached.

Acrobat Wizard.JPG

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Hi,

I found the issue. Missed a step here - "Under Preferences > Action Wizard you must set the security method to the same as your files (Password / Certificate / LCDRM) so you get prompted for the details when the Action first runs" . Didn't notice this

Works perfectly now. Thanks !

RajaBhojan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the files with File > Open... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

Yes i am able to open the file that way. Encryption of multiple files works perfectly, but when i try to decrypt them in batch, it gives me the above message.

Thanks,

Raja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I found the issue. Missed a step here - "Under Preferences > Action Wizard you must set the security method to the same as your files (Password / Certificate / LCDRM) so you get prompted for the details when the Action first runs" . Didn't notice this

Works perfectly now. Thanks !

RajaBhojan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines