• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Changes Not Showing Up in Photoshop v 19.1

Participant ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use a tool to make a change in my image, the changes don't show until I click on another tool. When I select something, the marching ants don't show up, even though it's selected (moving the cursor into the area makes the cursor change as it should). This just started happening yesterday. I disabled the Graphic Processor. On another Photoshop forum, others have the same issue. See this thread: Photoshop CC 2018: Image changes don't show on screen or in navigator | Photoshop Family Customer Co...

I am using the latest version of Photoshop (19.1). I am on El Capitan 10.11.6. I have an iMac 27" (Mid 2010).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be several Mac users reporting Display problems with19.1.  Check with Apple to see if there are updates for you Mac machine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really is an Adobe issue, not a Mac one. And there are no other updates to El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did notice just before this happened, when I opened Photoshop, my loaded brushes were not there and there were panes open that were not open when I last used Photoshop. It was like my preferences were gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did trash my Photoshop CC 2018 preferences and restarted. But, that didn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I think I've narrowed down the issue a bit. I did downgrade to ver 19.0. It seems whenever I disenable the Start Workspace in the preferences, quit and start again, the issue starts happening. If I re-enable show Start Workspace and restart, the issue disappears. (Changing the color of the workspace didn't bring on the issue. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what's happening with this issue? Does Adobe monitor these forums? Is there a place to submit bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

But in your original post you yourself posted a Link to an existing Bug Report on the monitored Forum for Bug Reports and Feature Requests, didn’t you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the link you're referring to: Photoshop CC 2018: Image changes don't show on screen or in navigator | Photoshop Family Customer Co...

Is that forum an Adobe bug report forum? If so, why doesn't it say so? I got there by Googling. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop (with ACR etc.) does not share the general Adobe bug report form

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

but has a dedicated Forum

Photoshop Family Customer Community

If a Bug Report an an issue already exists it is better to add one’s »Me too« (and comment) to that than starting a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, then, this is the place to report the bug, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issues on my iMac running High Sierra (Re: Photoshop CC 2018 9.1.1: Image changes not appearing on screen or in layers panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a mac problem. Just installed on my new pc laptop and have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my PC. Get your act together Adobe, we're paying you for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely not a Mac problem.  I'm on a pc.  No changes will show until I save.  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines