• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop dialog box always opens in top left corner

Engaged ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this issue for a long time but decided now to ask about it. If I hit control + open to open a new document in photoshop, the dialog box always goes top left of the screen? I think it does this for other dialog boxes in Photoshop as well but this has been happening on windows for a long time and I'm trying to figure out how to make the box popup in the center of the screen rather than the top left. Any ideas on how to fix this? Even if I move the dialog box after it pops up, it goes back to the top left the next time it opens again.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Drag the open dialog to the center of the screen and then close it. Then try to reopen it and see if it pops up in the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dabatross,

Could you please share a screenshot of the issue?

And please let us know which version of Photoshop you are using and on which operating system?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure I attached the screenshot. I'm using CC2017 on Windows 10. I'm not positive if this is a photoshop issue or a Windows issue where the dialog box shows up top left every time

screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag the open dialog to the center of the screen and then close it. Then try to reopen it and see if it pops up in the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sahil thats working right now, I've had issues in the past where it would reset to the top left again after closing photoshop. I closed it this time and it didn't happen but if it defaults back to the top left corner I'll post again. Is there a file that stores this info on window placement in windows that might be getting reset or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So this problem is back again, I can move the window to the center a hundred times and it keeps going back to the top left... its really annoying. Any way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines