• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am using Adobe DC. I want to password protect multiple documents at one all with the same password for today, tomorrow when I receive my next set of documents I want to password protect all of them at once using the same password for all of them, but a

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Adobe DC.  I want to password protect multiple documents all at once with the same password.  When I get my next set of documents, I want to password protect all of them with the same password but a different password than the last batch. How do I do this? Help, please.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

If you have Acrobat DC Pro, you can do it using an Action, via Tools - Action Wizard.

Create an Action, add an Encrypt command to it (under Protection), click on Specify Settings under it, select the policy and enter the password you want to use. Make sure to un-tick the "Prompt User" box. Then add a Save command and you're ready to go!

The next time you want to use it just edit the Action and change the password used in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Acrobat DC Pro, you can do it using an Action, via Tools - Action Wizard.

Create an Action, add an Encrypt command to it (under Protection), click on Specify Settings under it, select the policy and enter the password you want to use. Make sure to un-tick the "Prompt User" box. Then add a Save command and you're ready to go!

The next time you want to use it just edit the Action and change the password used in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Apparently I was trying to make this too hard.  Once I selected the files, the process ran and said completed, but I didn't know where to go from there.  Now I see: completed means completed, nothing more to do!

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question:  How do I add my new action to the Tools list on the right side of the screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add the Action Wizard itself. I'm not sure you can add an individual Action to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines