• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get my colours back!

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to shoot in monochrome on my camera using DNG files (on a Sigma SD quattro).

Colour information is on the file but Lightoom keeps presenting the monochrome picture.

I know the information is there because other RAW converters do read the colours.

How can I get my colours back in Lightroom???

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Thanks for sharing the DNG file. It seems that it has a locked-in camera profile called original. Unfortunately this can’t be changed in LRCC at present. I was able to switch to a standard profile (see image below - click to enlarge) in LR Classic and Photoshop’s ACR dialog and the color info was available. LRCC is still quite new being at v1.2 and I feel sure this will become possible in a future update to LRCC.

OrigProfile.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you open the editing panel on the right of LRCC and under the Color tab click on the highlighted B&W button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish it was that easy!

No, this button is not highlighted / active....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the setting for the saturation slider, also in the Color panel. If it is set to -100 try double clicking the slider to reset it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but it is also not this setting.

Other files, not shot in monochrome are displayed correct.

Thanks for thinking with me though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied any presets?

What happens if you click the button to show original? It’s at the bottom to the left of Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this. They all apply to the monochrome original...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed it looks like an active preset. But cannot be turned off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have these files been imported straight from camera or exported from other software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from camera. or from my raw-file map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload one of the DNG files perhaps to dropbox and post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

Here's a link:

Dropbox - SDIM0493.DNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the DNG file. It seems that it has a locked-in camera profile called original. Unfortunately this can’t be changed in LRCC at present. I was able to switch to a standard profile (see image below - click to enlarge) in LR Classic and Photoshop’s ACR dialog and the color info was available. LRCC is still quite new being at v1.2 and I feel sure this will become possible in a future update to LRCC.

OrigProfile.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That did not solve my problem but very much answered my question!

I 'll use a neutral profile or a different RAW converter and I am sure it wil work in future updates!

Thanks again for thinking with me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines