• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't keep pdf files open for longer than 2-3 seconds. How do I fix this?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't keep pdf files open for longer than 2-3 seconds, they automatically close. How do I fix this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Reader are you using? How are you opening the files (from within Reader or from within a web browser)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure on the version, I'm just an end-user. All I see is Adobe Acrobat DC. I'm opening the pdf files from Outlook email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are viewing the file, at that moment, do you see a title bar saying Adobe Acrobat Reader and some stuff?   If you DON’T see that title bar, what do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Valerielynns,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, is this happening with a particular file or with all the files?

You may try following steps and let us know if that helps any.

• Launch Acrobat and check for update, Click >Help>Check for Updates.
  • If there are pending updates, install and restart the machine and try again.
  • If above doesn't help, try repairing. To repair, launch Acrobat>Help>Repair installation. Once done restart your machine and try again.

If your issue is already resolved, please update this discussion with your findings.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines