• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what version do i need

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reposting this as somebody tagged it as presumed answered for some reason even though

there has been zero replies. 

My friend used to have a cool video tutorial from adobe, it was a few years ago.

I would like to buy it, but I can't remember the name of it, I thought it was after effects, but that seems to be the wrong thing.

The tutorial first taught you how to put a bottle of water inside a waterfall with the water bouncing off it, then there

was a man running down the brooklyn bridge.

Can anyone remember what the software is called? and do you know if its still available?

Thanks so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Tutorials are not software. I have not seen the exact tutorials you are searching for. Removing someone from a scene usually involves tracking, generating a clean plate and a few other operations. To give you detailed instructions or even point you to the best tutorial on that task I would have to see the shot you are trying to fix.

Adding physical simulations requires a bunch of other tools and techniques. The most common way I can think of to add something like boun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do all of that with After Effects but there is a huge learning curve. AE is probably one of the most complex applications you could purchase. Expect to spend 20 to 30 hours learning enough of the basics to put a bottle inside a waterfall and make water bounce off it. Also, expect to spend a few hundred extra dollars purchasing 3rd party particle effects to make the composite believable.

Any effect you have ever seen in a film or commercial can be duplicated in After Effects if you invest the time to learn it and the money to invest in 3rd party apps and other compatible software to complete the task. Do not expect you can buy AE and click a button and create visual magic. A good friend of mine, just a few years ago, was given 90 days to create a seven-second composite shot of a house rolling across a road for a feature film.

If you decide to purchase After Effects there is a good community that will help you learn but make sure you know that they know what they are doing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply Rick.

I'm not sure I explained myself very well.  The software I am looking for is a tutorial, it was my mates, I only used it a few times and

I placed the water bottle in the fountain and I had the water bouncing off it.  That was tutorial 1, tutorial 2 was going to teach me how to get a running man off 1 video running down a bridge.  It was a tutorial and had the samples on it ready to use, I don't mind putting the hours in, but I don't remember it taking that long at all, I also don't mind the cost, as it was very easy to follow and very good quality.

Somebody somewhere must remember what it was ,  thanks again Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Tutorials are not software. I have not seen the exact tutorials you are searching for. Removing someone from a scene usually involves tracking, generating a clean plate and a few other operations. To give you detailed instructions or even point you to the best tutorial on that task I would have to see the shot you are trying to fix.

Adding physical simulations requires a bunch of other tools and techniques. The most common way I can think of to add something like bouncing water drops to a shot would be to use Trapcide Particular. Again, I would have to see the specific shot you are trying to work on to give you advice. The first place I would go would be RedGiang software, the folks that sell Particular, and browse through their tutorials and see if you can find one that is close to what you are trying to do.

Be wary of YouTube tutorials by After Effects amateurs. A few years ago most of the tutorials on YouTube were pretty good, but there are so many amateur users out there anxious to share their latest discovery that you end up with tutorials that describe inefficient and ineffective workflows that lead you down a dead-end path to frustration.  You have to vet your trainers and make sure they know wht they are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines