• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Activated Products no longer show at Adobe.com

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have boxed CDs, product codes/keys, etc for PhotoshopCS6 & Lightroom4.  CS6 has been installed & activated on 2 computers (desktop & laptop).  I "think" (but not sure) that LR4 was installed on desktop & activated on one of the computers (not sure which), but then deactivated.  The laptop died and I have bought a new laptop, on which I want to install CS6 and LR4.  Of course, that means I have to deactivate one of the existing instances of CS6 before installing.

I want to leave CS6 (installed & activated) on my desktop computer.

In the past my Adobe.com account listed all of my activated Adobe products along with their product codes.  I "think" that list including all (no longer used) previous versions of Photoshop that I had activated.  If I remember correctly, I could deactivate a product from my account.   I can not find my activated products.

How do I insure that my Adobe products are properly activated?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

You may be able to get a live-chat window (during active hours for your location) by starting here and clicking through these steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

1.  What can we help  you with:  Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

2.  What type of issue:  Licensing and Activation (or Serial Numbers and Activation Codes)

Try one of these articles - skip to bottom and click blue button ( Show me my contact options )

3.  Would you like to Contact Us:  Click Chat 24 hours a day 7

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to contact customer care

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to click-in-circles trying to contact Customer Care.  None of the choices seems to really "fit" my situation.  Years ago I had a deactivation/activation situation that was solved rather quickly via phone &/or email.  I can't find either of those now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some Adobe staff that come along here and they may pick up on this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to get a live-chat window (during active hours for your location) by starting here and clicking through these steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

1.  What can we help  you with:  Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

2.  What type of issue:  Licensing and Activation (or Serial Numbers and Activation Codes)

Try one of these articles - skip to bottom and click blue button ( Show me my contact options )

3.  Would you like to Contact Us:  Click Chat 24 hours a day 7 days a week

3.  Support - Chat

Provide a brief description of your issue

Start chat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the current versions of your products are CC subscription activation, now, rather than serial numbers, and you can handle CC things online at accounts.adobe.com which you've apparently been to, already, but for older products you have to talk to someone that knows how to do the older legacy products, and if the policy is to actually support their activation this many years, later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, ssprengel.  I'll save your link & instructions for live-chat. Being unable to contact Adobe directly has always been a big frustration for me.  She said that I should uninstall the CD LR4 version and start anew, using a version (for which she provided D/L link) and the Product# for my CD.

She verified that "multiple platforms" in registered products of my adobe.com account just indicated that it can be used on both windows and mac.  Every application (even old, unsupported versions, like LR4 & CS6) still need activation.

I download, but before uninstalling I tried running the problem LR4 again.  Would you believe that, altho' it opened with the "Updates Available" and hidden error panes, but I was able to move the to make it visible and to reject the "updates" and it seems to be working OK now.  The error pane was basically informational, that the product# was already registered.

Just to be doubly save, I will save the downloaded version to a CD.  Hopefully, it'll never be needed again.

Thanks, everyone, for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are speaking of permanent licenses, they are listed here: Adobe ID

There is no activation deactivation unless you purchased a creative cloud plan which has deactivate/activate option next to your registered PCs.

Nevertheless, install and see if it activates. If not  let us know and we see if we can get an employee.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million for your reply.

All my versions of Photoshop are shown.  I'll Install CS6 & see what happens.

Mt Lightroom4 is not listed.  I'll wait until the verdict is in on CS6 before dealing with LR, but should I register LR4 before installation or will it be registered during the installation process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually on install, it will ask. If it does not, go to the bottom of the product list in your account and you will have a chance to add a new product.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both CS6 & LR4 seemed to install & run OK on my laptop.  Adobe Camera Raw also seemed to work OK.  I say seemed because I only very superfically tested . . . only opening a photo or 2 with each.  LR4 was run in trial/testing mode w/o serial#, because I was away from home when I tested LR4.   In fact, I was at a camera club LR discussion. Then when the S/n was handy again, I tried to register/activate upon execution.  The pop-up panes were tiny (maybe a function of some settings of new Win10 laptop), but I'm sure I completed everything properly.  To my surprise, there was a pop-up for "Available Update" (current version 4.0 (build 814577)), but the updates didn't d/l.  There was another very small pop-up (maybe explaining why), but it was behind the Update pane.  I couldn't resize/move/close anything.  LR4 was hung up.  Nothing worked.  I tried restarting the computer.  LR4 was preventing restart, so I clicked "Restart Anyway".  Re-execution of LR4 went directly to the "hung" screen.  What do I need to do to get it to run?

On my desktop computer (where LR4 is not yet installed), I successfully registered "an older product" by keying the LR4 s/n.  However, the Platform says "Multiple".  LR4 is NOT installed on another computer. 

Remembering back a couple of years ago, I had a desktop computer hard drive that died.  I had tested LR4 "a little" whenever I 1st got it, but never learned much about it.  Based on the "Multiple" on the registration, I must not have uninstalled it before the crash and since I wasn't using it, I had just put it out of my mind.  Bottom line is, I have always had & still have the CD in my possession.

Will I be able to install LR4 on my desktop computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop I can help you with, but not Lightroom. Use this forum: Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple Platform means both PC and Mac, not multiple installations.

Try asking on the LR forum as suggested in the previous reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines