• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE not utilizing drive speed

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a previous thread about this go here: After Effects saving takes 5 minutes or more

I have several new revelations, and have the reason why it is taking so long, but I still don't know how to fix it.

Problem: AE takes forever to boot up, it takes like 2 minutes at least to load all my clips (approximately 5gb total 1000 clips). Also when saving, AE stops responding for a solid 3-5 minutes before it instantly saves and resumes. I think this all has to do with AE not using my drives speed. External, internal, and SSD all operate similarly and take forever. Also, resource monitor does not show anything getting maxed, or to be honest, nothing being used (atleast for drives). Please help, AE is unusable in this state.

Update: My RAM appears to be maxed out, but this is only when I load in new clips... I have no idea why this is happening, and it does not happen on my other system with lower RAM.

2nd Update: My RAM gets completely maxed out (farther than what I said AE could use) and my SSD gets maxed out. However this takes a solid 2 minutes to actually happen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much available space to you have on your drives?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3rd Update: When I save my disk gets maxed out for some of it, then always stops responding for 3 - 5 minutes through saving, stopping my SSD from saving it.

I have a total of 84 gb on my SSD, 4 TB on my HDD

Is there any reason AE uses 12 gb of RAM in this process 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not total space, AVAILABLE space.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 4: During the crashes, it keeps RAM and my save drive completely maxed the entire time until it starts responding again. It appears sometimes RAM is maxed, other times not.

That is available space @Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a iMac with pci-E nvme which tops at 3000mb/sec, so it is fast!

But importing multiple sequences from 3D renders (png sequences) = HORROR!!!

I get a beachball every time for about 2 minutes!! Very very annoying!

I only get this when I import multiple sequences, not just 1 sequence. That loads immediatly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would u recommend importing 1000+ videos tho O_O Also, it isn't so much importing thats the issue, its the saving. It takes suuuper long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the project file gets REALLY slow.

Also very annoying! Even on a 3gb/sec ssd some of my projects take 20 seconds to safe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines