• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There isn't enough room to display this document error code

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and another person as I also just finished installing the Jan 23 Photoshop CC update, reopened the program, and attempted to open a simple JPG file.  I rec'd the error message:  "There isn't enough room to display this document."   What's that supposed to mean?  Then I tried to create a new document and rec'd this message:  "Could not create a new document.  There isn't enough room to display this document."     My system runs Windows 10, has 64GB of RAM, 2T hard drives with adequate space for scratch disks.  I tried restarting my computer but no change.  I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop cc 2018 and it worked correctly opening one image and then reverted to the same problem. The response to the previous person suggested going to Documents and Settings to change a DAT file, however, in Windows 10 PRO there is no access to this file and Microsoft advised there is no longer this specific file available.  Please help....  Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. Checkout the list of fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Update Creative Cloud apps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the message means that there is no more room on your display to display an image or image window.  A big change added in CC 2018.1 Is how adobe Photoshop ui scalling works its now via Windows scaling settings.  Adobe worked with Microsoft on that.  There may be some wimdows api Adobe now uses to manage display area space that is not working on you windows 10 Pro system correctly. It working fine one my Windows 10 pro systems.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grommis​,

your problem could be similar to this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2443449

(mostly written in german language)

There is a checklist you can go through step by step (and the solution in the other thread was: to change the workspace eg to Essentials)

Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On My surface pro 3 I had to create a new workspace for the one I created for my Surface pro 3 was all messes up when CC 2018.1 ui scaling started to work correctly.  So it  would be possible when you workspace was mapped out with the fixed working UI scaling that there was no room left on your display for an image window or area.  I edit in floating windows.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to all!  I'm back to work.  I'll be glad when they resolve the issue completely and I can use my customized workspace instead of having to use this work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue and I have no idea what to do! Deadlines looming? Help anyone? I've never seen this message in all my twenty plus years of working  in Photoshop?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check your windows Display settings? are running your display at its native resolution? The real number of pixels your display displays.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I am. How do I check my Window Display settings? This only started after the last PS update. My computer is less than four months old and I've not changed any settings for Windows? I have no idea what to do here....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - Got in  back in gear, though I'm guessing only temporarily, by uninstalling PS and reinstalling. Opening PS after reboot. Tried to open PSD. Got same message. On a guess, changed Workspace to "Photography" (had been in Essentials) and it began working again. The latest update, IMHO, is as buggy as the day is long. How terribly disappointing. There are other quarks occuring since the update as well. I can't be the only one having issues. By the way, I'm working in Windows 10 on a new Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 Series with an Intel Core 2.30 GHz Processor on 16 GBs of RAM on a 64 bit OS, X64-based processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to submit a case on this, but I could use a little more information. Which version of Win 10 are you running?

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hannah. I'm running Windows 10 (home). The issue just started again a few minutes ago... Terribly frustrating! Especially as I have looming deadlines that I need to generate graphics for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that!

Thanks for the information. If you get a chance to look at the About page for the specific version of Win 10 (i.e. Win 10 1703,Win 10 1709, etc.) -- that would be helpful to know. I've submitted a case on this, so it's in progress.

Are you saying that you switched to the Essentials workspace and you still encountered the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Windows 10 (home) Version 1709 OS Build 16299.192

I just removed and reinstalled PS once again. Same issue still happening. I have no idea what to do? Do you have any suggestion? Anything? I really need to have these graphics made within two hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, this happens when your windows are docked, correct? (when the images are opened as tabs) Can you try undocking the images and see if that helps?

Thanks,

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that (I went to Preferences and Workspace) but it didn't resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot of the entire screen?

Also, what are your scale and resolution settings set to? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027860/windows-10-view-display-settings

Screen shots of your settings would help too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SCAP1.jpgSCAP2.jpg

I've only had this computer for a few months and have made no changes that I can recall to any of the default settings. This issue started after I updated PS with the last available upgrade a few weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following close Photoshop and open widows file explorer and make sure it view options are set so you can see hidden folders and files.

Capture.jpg

Navigate to the folder "C:\Users\YourWindowsUserID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018"

rename it to  "C:\Users\YourWindowsUserID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Old"

Keep all old user data recorded your user id safe.  Now starting Photoshop will create new saved user data for you user id no old save information will be used.  See if Photoshop now works. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ried reloading an earlier version of Photoshop 19.0 and the issue went away.  Based on what I read above this seems like the best solution until the bug is fixed

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick! Should it happen again, should I follow the same steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you ended up reverting to 19.0? Or did you follow the steps that JJMack outlined for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps that JJMack suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted to 19.0

Andrew Rafkind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the latest solution on this? I'm having trouble following this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version are you using?  Do you have windows 10 creators edition and Photoshop  cc 2018 version 19.1.1 installed?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines