• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logo in the sand

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen many videos on how to get the "write on sand" effect and I have even done that once, but I have a request from a customer that is a little different. My customer wants a photo of her logo (which is not writing) in the sand. Wants it to look like the logo was drawn in the sand and then wants imprinted on flip flops. I have uploaded the logo. Does anyone know how to do this or if there are instructions anywhere to do this? Any help would be most appreciative. 500px-Penn_State_Nittany_Lions_svg.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

There are many ways to to that one of which is to use Photoshops 3D.

1. Use the image with Filter >3D > Generate normal map and save the resulting map

2. Take an image of sand and make a 3D extrusion

3. In the properties panel for front extrusion material, click on normal  then Load Texture. Load the map you made above

4. Adjust the light and render the 3D layer

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many ways to to that one of which is to use Photoshops 3D.

1. Use the image with Filter >3D > Generate normal map and save the resulting map

2. Take an image of sand and make a 3D extrusion

3. In the properties panel for front extrusion material, click on normal  then Load Texture. Load the map you made above

4. Adjust the light and render the 3D layer

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, thanks for the tutorial however I'm REALLY struggling to get this to work. I don't see where I can save "the resulting map" nor load it. Any chance you could screen record this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately 3D has been deprecated in Photoshop since I replied in 2018, and no longer works in the new versions. I would now use a separate 3D application and use the logo as a height-map

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for the quick response. If you know of any tutorials (using other 3D applications - this is my first foray into such a project) I'd be interested to learn more. Otherwise, wish me luck as I plunge down the YouTube rabbit hole! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends which 3D application you are intending to use. The basic principle is though that you blur the logo and use it as the heightmap for the texture material.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An other way would be to define a custom shape for the logo so you can make it any size.  Then use a Layer style to emboss the logo into the background sand then fill the mold with molten silver and watch it harden and shine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines