• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2017 installation problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to successfully update and start both Photoshop and Illustrator, but when I initiate InDesign and the start image goes away, instead of loading the "recent files" screen, I get the "rainbow pinwheel of death" (Mac), a blank gray screen and the program never finishes loading, no matter how long it is left. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now, with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Hi there,

I hope the installation issue is fixed now. If you are still facing issues, please check Creative Cloud Download & Install​ forum for further assistance.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing InDesign CC 2017 for the first time? Or, are you updating to InDesign CC 2017?

What operating system are you running (exactly)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating from CC 2015, and running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to successfully update and start both Photoshop and Illustrator, but when I initiate InDesign

If you had a previous version of InDesign installed, try deleting your preferences. There are two different ways, both described here. If they first one doesn't work, try the second.

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

You can also uninstall, run the CC cleaner tool and then reinstall.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve she is upgrading the version she has.  The operating system is

OS X El Capitan

Version 10.11.5

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Barb said above: Restore (delete) your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I hope the installation issue is fixed now. If you are still facing issues, please check Creative Cloud Download & Install​ forum for further assistance.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I tried to upgrade InDesign 2015 to InDesign 2017, but was not successful. I decided to completely remove InDesign 2015 with the idea to do a new installation of the 2017 version. This didn't work unfortunately. Error messages P205 and P209 are appearing. My computer runs on macOS High Sierra, version 10.13.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only InDesign CC 2018 has been designed to work with macOS High Sierra. Upgrade to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point is that I removed InDesign 2015 completely and I need a new download. On the Adobe website is for downloading InDesign not the version mentioned. But, I assume it is InDesign 2018.

Op 2 mrt. 2018, om 13:54 heeft Steve Werner <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

InDesign 2017 installation problem

created by Steve Werner <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Werner> in InDesign - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10216020#10216020>

Only InDesign CC 2018 has been designed to work with macOS High Sierra. Upgrade to that.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10216020#10216020 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10216020#10216020

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in InDesign by email <mailto:discussions-community-indesign@adobe-v8.hosted.jivesoftware.com> or at Adobe Community <https://forums.adobe.com/choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=3359>

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624 <https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624>.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe <https://forums.adobe.com/unsubscribe.jspa?email=marc.vendrig%40gmail.com&token=b54fa669644ce8394cc4eb643264d3dd97cb9d91979f1c4c627fcdc900a3b4f6> instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences <https://forums.adobe.com/user-preferences!input.jspa>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but with your CC subscription, you can download and install any of the versions from the CC Desktop App.

Download from here: Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Then open it, sign in with your Adobe ID and click Apps on the Navigation bar, then click the Triangle next to the blue InDesign Install button > Other Versions. (My button is white and says Open because I already have InDesign installed. Yours will look like this:
Screenshot 2018-03-02 07.27.38.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 07.23.35.png

Select the version you would like to install.

Screenshot 2018-03-02 07.23.46.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb, exactly what I needed! No problems anymore 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent. Glad you are back on track.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines