• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to use the brush tool and eyedropper tool at the same time?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new to photoshop and I've been fiddling around with it trying to get the settings and layout close to what I had on my previous program, clip studio. In clip studio I was able to just use one of the buttons on my wacom pen to be able to pick a color off the canvas without having to use a separate tool, it would immediately go back to the brush without me having to do anything once I selected the color. It made painting easy because I could just quickly grab a color and continue as before. With photoshop I set one of my pen buttons to be the eyedropper tool but I realized quickly that I'd have to switch between the eyedropper tool and the brush tool. Is there any way to make it so I can eliminate that extra step of having to switch back to the brush tool?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Hi christinanoelc​,

press and holding [Alt] key while your brush tool is selected activate temporarely the eyedropper tool. click change the foregroud color.

Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christinanoelc​,

press and holding [Alt] key while your brush tool is selected activate temporarely the eyedropper tool. click change the foregroud color.

Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I was almost ready to drop photoshop because of that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

… and do not forget the [x] key. That changes foreground with background color. In this way you can "hold" two colors easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines