• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics won't open in RH

Jan 21, 2009 Jan 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a sick feeling that this may not be a RH issue -
Running RH 6, over the past few days, it's been getting crankier - projects take > 1minute to open, randomly shuts itself down, but I was still able to edit and compile. Then, the last time I opened the project, I am no longer able to open topics - I double-click, and the topics just don't open (oddly enough it still lets me compile). Lots of rebooting, finally uninstalled and reinstalled, and I am still having the same problem.

I have lots of graphics, and my project is ~59 MB - in case that has any bearing on things. Is there a size or graphic limit on projects?

Has anyone ever seen this, and is there a simple solution (please say yes!!!)

Thanks for any help - I am in crisis mode on a project, of course.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 22, 2009 Jan 22, 2009
HOLY COW YOU ARE A GENIOUS. Wish I had posted earlier, but I wanted to troubleshoot first. Only lost about a day.....

Thanks more than a million!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2009 Jan 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the project on a network? If it is, move it to your local drive.

Next, if you have RH7, delete the CPD file and reopen the project. For earlier versions, see Opening Projects on my site before you do that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. It appears that this is not just related to my current project. I created a new project and am seeing the same thing. This may be the wrong place to post this, but PLEASE HELP!

So far I have:
- run a disk check
- run a virus scan with virus software updated today - no viruses
- run spybot - a few minor things, nothing that touched RH
- called IT who told me to contact RH
- uninstalled and installed a third time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps try the following?

Inside RoboHelp, click Tools > Options > HTML Editors tab. See if RoboHelp WYSIWYG is configured as the default.

Assuming it isn't, perhaps that's the issue. Click it and click the "Set As Default" button.

Assuming it is, try configuring something different as the default. Then close the dialog. Return to the dialog and reset RoboHelp WYSIWYG and see if that changes anything.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
HOLY COW YOU ARE A GENIOUS. Wish I had posted earlier, but I wanted to troubleshoot first. Only lost about a day.....

Thanks more than a million!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp