• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighting Effects

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open photoshop on my main monitor, the lighting effects option shows up and works perfectly fine. But, if I open photoshop on my wacom tablet (hooked up to the same computer as my main monitor) the lighting effects option is greyed our. I’m working in the correct settings for it to be working, any solutions to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's going to be to do with the way Photoshop uses the GPU when you have a Cintiq attached.  Does the Cintiq have a GPU?  Check Photoshop Preferences > Performance and see which GPU is selected with and without the Ciniq attached.

Note I am assuming you are using a Cintiq, and not a Cintiq Companion 2.   What is the Wacom product exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Cintiq 13hd. The same GPU is being used as when on my main monitor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you using? CC 2018? CC 2017?

If it is CC 2018, you can install an earlier version from you CC Desktop app to see if it gets along with the Cintiq any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never tried 2017 with the Cintiq, but I will. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me know how it works out.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines