• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

silver jewellery retouche ticks

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi am new to this. I am a jeweller an i am looking for ways to use Photoshop cc 2018 to edit my picture. I want to retouche some SILVER jewellery but find difficult to do so. i want to have a short and practical way to use silver tone to enhance the silver colour. Can someone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a picture and describe what you want to achieve on it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi It is nice of you to respond to my query. As i said I take bad pictures specially when the jewellery is silver. Some time i take the picture before I go for a professional polish effect. It does take time to polish a jewellery to a perfection for a small jeweller. When i make the background white then it reflect on the jewellery

and marks or traces are visible. i need to find something on Ps to help me restore the silver colour. If you can help I will appreciate it. ThanksDSC_0247 (1).JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You could try something like this

1. Duplicate the layer and use a dust and scratches filter to remove the dark scratches. Set the blending mode to lighten

2. Add a new layer and use the spot healing brush and a conventional brush, set to blending mode darken and using Alt-Click to pick up colour, to remove the light scratches

3. Add a curves layer to improve contrast

4. I also reduced the saturation to give a silver look

I hope that gets you started

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davescm, thank you for your help i will try this technique and will let you know if i succeeded in following your instructions. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davescm

i Started but do not have clue where the blending mode is to set it and how to locate a conventional brush with spot healing. can you also if i may ask you to show me where i can find them? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The blending mode is set in the layers panel. Select the layer then go to the box near the top of the layers panel which defaults as "normal". Click the drop down arrow and you will see a list of blending modes.

My wording was bad on the other item.  What I meant was that I got rid of some marks with the spot healing brush  and I got rid of other marks painting with an ordinary soft round brush - with the blending mode for that brush set to darken in the options bar.

I hope that make it clearer

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answers. i really appreciate them. I will try again and show you the result. I hope i will be able to produce something good. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines