• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

external hard drive crashed

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My external hard drive crashed with all my Lightroom catalog and pics on it.   I do have crash plan so I recovered my Lightroom files downloaded to a different extrernal hard drive with a different name.     My catalog to clinic is on my hard drive.  How do I tell it to look somewhere else and fine pictures?

Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

In particular, see Figure 4 and associated text

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume when you open the catalog that Lightroom is telling you that all the files are missing, right? If you have all of your folders arranged within one master folder, go to the library module and right-click on the master folder and choose the option to find the missing folder. In the dialog that appears just browse to the location of where the folder is now located on the new external hard drive and double-click on it. When you do that, it will update the catalog for the master folder and all of the subfolders. If you don't have everything arranged within one master folder then you will have to repeat that process for all of the missing folders. It will take a little longer, but it isn't too painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

In particular, see Figure 4 and associated text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked. One issue with that maybe you can help. I have my Lightroom mobile to automatically import my camera roll. It now syncs to my computer. It used to be called iPhone but the past 6 months it created a folder

C96af5f7599b583. Etc. Those pictures did not relink.

What’s the best way to have pics from iPhone go to computer.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines