Exit

Gold Trim on watermark effect help + Brushes thumbnail

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

so as it says above i got 2 issues.

First is the brushes ive gotten online. a bunch of water mark brushes and before i upgraded to 2018 photoshop i could see what the brush looked like before using it and now its just a swipe of the brush which doesn't tell me what I need at all. Also it says they are all dried blood splatter.

issue 2 is I.m not entirely sure how to do this, I basically want to create a watercolour effect on the corner of a page and then have a gold trim around it that blends into the colour. So like a slow gradient from the colours into a gold trim blending gradually and nicely. I tried feathering a gold texture over the watercolour effect after layer masking it to match the general shape of the watercolour effect but didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn on brush tip in the fly out menu. Can you post a screenshot of the other part. It would help to see it.

2018-03-01_12-01-32.jpeg

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thank you for that already much better, still preferred how it was before when I could see all the brush tips no matter how zoomed out i was

and for the second part here is an example of the water colour effectScreen Shot 2018-03-02 at 7.16.24 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-02 at 7.21.01 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure exactly what you are going for - I made a rectangle, added a layer mask and if you double click on the mask, you can control the feather.

2018-03-03_21-21-47.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats nice and thank you for teaching me you can feather the layer mask! byt what i wanted to is to basically have a gold trim from the outline of the trim of the watercolour effect and then feather from there to the crner of the page with gold . So theres a gradient from gold to colours on the water colour effect only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still do it with this technique. I did the whole page, but you can do the same thing with just the corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So then say i apply a gold texture around the page mask it so its only in the watercolour selection and then can i give it a directional feather? i want the gold trim to be on the outline of the watercolour effect and then fade as it faces the the corner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes - you can use your original file. I saw the gold layer in there. Add a layer mask in your gold layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines