• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Create a Text Template in PS

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to create a template for a t-shirt design. The template will have a graphic in the center with text above and below the graphic. Can someone provide me with instructions on how to create a template for the text so that no matter what name I change the text to it will all look the same and fit above the graphic? I hope that makes sense. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many t-shirt template you can download on the web. Why not download some of the free ones and look at what other have done?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Photoshop+T-shirt+template+mockup&oq=Photoshop+T-shirt+template+mock...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack​ thanks! I am not looking to create a mockup. I am looking to create a template where I can change the text as needed without having to recreate each time for use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A mockup is a template there are many you can download a look at then create the TEMPLATE MOCK  you want where the logo and text are in separate areas.  You may then be able to create a Photoshop script to help you populate your template to replace either text or logo or both. 

Text will be very hard to automate because you will most likely have to change the Font and Font size do to accommodate variable size fonts letter spacing and the different amount of letters.    Dealing with any possible text in a fixed size area is a very difficult task You will most likely need support some range of characters.  Names are very had to deal with because name length vary so much.  Text is hard to deal with text is very complex.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this was to produce many pieces of finished artwork from a single template using Photoshop variables and a source spreadsheet containing the text, then a similar topic is covered here:

Re: Data-driven grahics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines