• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import CR2 files from Canon EOS760D

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I am a complete newcomer to the CC suite, and today I have installed the latest update for Lightroom CC as well as Adobe Camera Raw, however it will not allow me to import my .cr2 files from my Canon EOS760D ( AKA Rebel T6s, and which IS on the list of supported cameras). It says "no preview available" and then if I click import, it says "the following files were not imported" and it lists all of my .cr2 files. Also, I have tried converting to a .DNG on import, but this will not recognize the files either. This applies to CR2 files from the memory card or ones previously copied to the hard drive. The newly installed Bridge and camera RAW (10.2) can open them with no problem, though!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

If you just purchased and installed today, and have Lightroom 5.7.1, you purchased and installed Lightroom 5 and have the last update that was available for that version. As far as Lightroom 5 is concerned, you ARE up to date. But Lightroom 5 has been replaced by Lightroom CC 2015 and Lightroom 6, and they have been replaced by Lightroom Classic CC, and there is also a new Lightroom CC which is yet different and it is completely cloud-based. At any rate, Lightroom 5.7.1 will not have any raw sup

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Lightroom CC forum (the cloud-based version). Are you using Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic CC? Please clarify. Next issue is that I don't accept "the latest update" because a lot of users think they have the latest update when they really don't. Please check your system info inside of Lightroom and verify the exact version of Lightroom installed on your computer, and then we can go from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC (cloud)- which I bought and installed today, so pretty sure it's the latest version! Have also clicked the 'check for updates' button when the files wouldn't import, and that also said "you are running the latest version". Just checked and it says version 5.7.1. However also says Camera Raw 8.7.1- whereas in Bridge I had version 10.something- could this be the issue, and if so, how does Lightroom CC have a different version of ACR than Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just purchased and installed today, and have Lightroom 5.7.1, you purchased and installed Lightroom 5 and have the last update that was available for that version. As far as Lightroom 5 is concerned, you ARE up to date. But Lightroom 5 has been replaced by Lightroom CC 2015 and Lightroom 6, and they have been replaced by Lightroom Classic CC, and there is also a new Lightroom CC which is yet different and it is completely cloud-based. At any rate, Lightroom 5.7.1 will not have any raw support for the camera. You need at least Lightroom 6 .0. That is not a free update for you. You can download a free DNG converter which will convert your raw files to the DNG format, and those DNG files can then be loaded into Lightroom 5.7.1. You do not have Lightroom CC. Adobe has done a superb job of confusing the public by naming their products the way they have, and unfortunately you are a victim. Where did you purchase this copy of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support people at Adobe (via web chat) guided me through the installation process online. I installed it using the 'Direct Download links" from the Adobe website.  I think the issue may have been because I subscribed to the CC photography package, but as I am running an older PC (32 bit), Lightroom would not initially install. that's why I contacted Adobe support, who guided me through the installation. I hadn't really registered that they had guided me to install an old version of Lightroom which would run on my PC! NAUGHTY! Thanks for clarifying, JimHess- I will get back in touch with Adobe.  I already have the free DNG converter, but didn't want the extra faff of converting files individually (for some reason it doesn't do batch conversions on my system), which is one of the reasons I had decided to upgrade from Bridge and Photoshop CS4 to (what I thought was) Lightroom CC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, have just realised DNG converter IS doing batch conversions on my system- it's just that for some strange reasons when I click the 'choose files to convert' button and navigate to the folder, it doesn't show any files/thumbnails, just the folder.  So I am stuck with converting all the RAW files in a folder, but I guess I can live with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 32-bit operating system explains a lot. The Creative Cloud programs all require a 64-bit operating system. If your system will accommodate it, it would be worth upgrading the OS. Otherwise, you are paying a lot for very little in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed- am going to contact Adobe and see if I can get refunded/cancel CC plan. Going back to working with Bridge and Photoshop CS4, which works for me! Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I updated lightroom cc15 to the new Lightroom, It doesn't recognize the .cr2 raw files.

Everything is updated including my mac.

I was wondering if it was a matter of changing preferences?

It looks like it is going to import but than the pictures disappear .

It does have a destination folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing preferences shouldn't have any effect on whether or not Lightroom will support a certain camera model. What camera do you have, and what is the exact version of Lightroom installed on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines