• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I download lens profiles to LR6?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I download lens profiles when "Lens Profile Downloader" does not install.  It keeps saying that the file is corrupt.  Support has been non-existent.  I had a chat started, and they guy hung up one me.  The only reason I purchased Lightroom was for the additional Lens Profiles.  I've wasted my money.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use the Lens Profile Downloader you need to install Adobe Air: Adobe - Adobe AIR

The below list of lenses are all supported by LR 6 and CC 2015:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#main_List_of_supported_lenses

Are any of the lens profiles you are looking for missing from this list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why your answer is marked correct.  It doesn't answer my questions.  After repeatedly installing AIR and trying to install the downloader program on three different machines, at three different locations, it suddenly woke up and installed on each machine.

My initial question was motivated by my using Lightroom 6, and not finding a lens profile for my third parry lenses.  Lightroom promised to provide those profiles, which your link would seem to suggest.  However, that was not the case when I began using LR6.   For example, I wanted profiles for my Sigma telephoto zoom.  The default install of installation of LR6 only included four Sigmas, all of them extreme wide angle lenses.

Thanks for posting your link to "supported lenses", because that link is central to my issue.  One, that link neglects to tell you how to obtain the profiles.  Two, once I finally figured out that I needed to install the profile downloader, I discovered that almost none of the Sigmas listed at the link were available for download.

Adobe_Lens_Profile_Downloader.Sigma.PNG

That is what I see, just four profiles.  If I switch to my brand of camera, Canon, I still do not see the profiles that your link link claims are available.  As near as I can tell, the claims of support at your link do not exist.  The Adobe software is unreliable and unstable.  The downloader has a link to log in, which doesn't work.  It would seem that I will need to create my own profiles, which means obtaining calibration targets [$$$], taking precise photos of them, and using yet another Adobe application, lens profile creator.  For what?  Why, should I?  Your link suggests that I should not have to jump through hoops.

Lightroom is not the "total solution" that it has been claimed to be.  I cannot edit photos with it, for example.  Please, do not sell me on the cloud.  NO THIANKS, thank you.  I have no wish to do photo editing on a smartphone, or a tablet.  Don't ask me what I think of the idea of photo editing on those small screens. Would I be correct to conclude that I need Elements to edit photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you would have saved everybody a lot of time:

"Are any of the lens profiles you are looking for missing from this list?"

So now we know that you're seeing only a short list of profiles for Sigma lenses. The answer is simple and so is the solution. Lens profiles are specific to file types camera raw and camera JPEG. The two profiles have to be different because a JPEG file is already toned in-camera and some cameras "automatically" apply vignetting and distortion correct in-camera to the JPEG file. When importing raw file format images all of the lens profiles will be available. Adobe creates far fewer JPEG lens profiles since most people shoot raw file format.

What camera model are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waddizzle wrote:

I don't know why your answer is marked correct.  It doesn't answer my questions. 

I don't know either....it wasn't me who did it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have problems installing LPD.

Downloaded and installed AIR (version 19) first.

Then downloaded LPD 1.0.1

Click on LPD download (it has .air extension). 

CS6 launched automatically.

But I have "could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document."

Any thoughts?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thank.  Mark. Oct 16 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 applications should not be launching when you try to open the Lens Profile Downloader. Please make sure you are downloading the correct installer for your OS:

Windows

Adobe - Adobe Lens Profile Downloader : For Windows : Adobe Lens Profile Downloader 1.0.1

Mac OS X

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5491

It should look like the below screeshot:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response.

I downloaded the correct window version.

Just to be sure, I downloaded it again using your link.

When I clicked on the downloaded .air file, it automatically launched CS6 with the resulting error.

As well, the Photoshop icon shows when I checked the file.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried something different......

I right clicked the downloaded file and open with AIR.

It triggered installation and it works now!

Perhaps Adobe made a note of this in the installation procedure.

Thanks again.

m.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall all previous versions of AIR and LPD using Control Panel> 'Programs and Features. Next try reinstalling AIR and then LPD again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw your success reply. It sounds like the LPD installer downloaded without the .air extension. Is that the case to help others who land here? It should look like this:

Adobe_Lens_Profile_Downloader_1_0_1.air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I can't download the Lens Profile Downloader for Mac on die adobe Website. can somebody may help me and post a working Download-Link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links are broken! Here are the direct links:

Adobe - Adobe Lens Profile Downloader : For Macintosh

Adobe - Adobe Lens Profile Downloader : For Windows

Install the lens profile .lcp files in the below folder and then restart LR or Camera Raw:

Mac—Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / LensProfiles /

Windows—C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ LensProfiles \

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

But, Your Adobe Link open this site (picture below). There ist noch button to download it. I were on the shown site before and I don't see any download button. Can you please help me?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-26 um 21.28.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, I didn't notice the missing download link. Adobe's offices are closed for the holidays until January 2nd. You can try downloading it from the below link. The website appears to have a good reputation, but run an anitvirus check on the file to be safe.

Adobe Lens Profile Downloader (free) download Mac version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links have been fixed as shown below and should now display the download button:

Windows

http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=5494

Mac

http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=5493

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I try download the Adobe lens Profile downloader but the link is from DNG Profile Editor.

please you can give one link valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, those links are for the DNG Profile Editor, which has been recently updated. The Adobe site links for the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader are still broken. I'll notify Adobe and see if they can fix them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on this? I'm hitting the same problem(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lens profile downloader has been included in the Profile editor.

Adobe Lens Profile Downloader « Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you download the "combined" Lens Profile Creator and Downloader at that link and try to download lens profiles?

Download the Lens Profile Creator and Downloader

I don't see anything in the above 1.0.4 version of the Lens Profile Creator for "downloading" existing user profiles.

BTW- The last Adobe Lens Profile Downloader (v1.0.1) that I downloaded and installed is still working. I only have the Windows version, which I've uploaded to Dropbox. It should install Adobe AIR, but if it doesn't you can get it at the below link.

CORRECTION: The Adobe Lens Profile Downloader 1.0.1 is only partially working. You can see the available lens profiles, but when trying to download a profile it hangs! Not sure about uploads working.

Dropbox - Adobe_Lens_Profile_Downloader_1_0_1.air

Adobe - Adobe AIR

Adobe Lens Proifle Creator and Downloader 1.0.4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I don't see anything in there either.

To be honest the lens profile downloader only listed lenses that someone else made for specific camera models and lens.

IIRC the website that hosted those downloads was on some Adobe server. Which maybe Adobe didn't want to continue. When I open the lens downloader I can browse different camera makes and model but not all. When selecting a brand of camera I see profiles for specific models but not all models and then only for specific lenses for that model.

All these profiles have been uploaded by some other user and could be redundant to what is already included.

IMHO it is best to create your own profile using the DNG profile editor. Maybe after you create a profile there might be an option in the profile creator to up load it and then you can browse other profiles that other users have uploaded.

This is all speculation as I've never really used either for anything other than creating DNG profiles for specific lighting I'm using from a color card and specific camera. I had created 3 different profiles for the Leica M8's when I owned a couple. Used it for my Fuji T2 for shade recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

All these profiles have been uploaded by some other user and could be redundant to what is already included.

Maybe after you create a profile there might be an option in the profile creator to up load it and then you can browse other profiles that other users have uploaded.

Yep, that is the purpose and intent of the Adobe Profile Creator and Downloader. It allows users to create lens profiles for lenses Adobe hasn't supported and then upload them for "sharing" with other users. I've downloaded a number of them and very happy with the results.

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

When I open the lens downloader I can browse different camera makes and model but not all. When selecting a brand of camera I see profiles for specific models but not all models and then only for specific lenses for that model.

Lens profiles are actually camera model and manufacturer agnostic. Lens profiles created using a full-frame sensor camera will work with any other camera that has a full-frame or smaller sensor such as APS-C. But lens profiles created with an APS-C or other crop factor sensor will NOT work with full-frame sensor cameras. The LR Lens Profile tool automatically determines if a full-frame lens profile is being applied to a crop sensor camera and applies the crop area lens profile data for correcting the smaller image. Lens profiles created with crop sensor cameras have no lens correction data outside of the smaller sensor area so can't be used with full-frame cameras.

I'm going to report this to Adobe Engineering again and see if they have some answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines