• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 9 pro help needed

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new PC (with Windows 10). On my old PC I had Acrobat 9 Pro, which allowed me to merge PDFs into one file, which is essential to my work. I wrote to Adobe to find out how to switch my account and application to my new PC. The representative took me through the steps of downloading what I thought would be the equivalent program--now called Adobe Reader DC--but it turns out not to allow me to merge files. The representative would not help me figure pout what to do, other than send me to this forum. So how can I merge PDF files? Thanks. Jeffrey

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 is an old, unsupported version, and it's not compatible with Windows 10. You can try installing it, but it's likely there will be issues with it.

However, the rep. you talked to misinformed you (or you didn't understand them). Adobe Reader DC is certainly not an equivalent replacement for Adobe Acrobat 9. The free Reader can't create or edit PDF files (except for basic tasks like adding comments and filling in form fields), as you've seen. You would need to subscribe to (or purchase, although the former is recommended) Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro DC to get those functionalities back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you found out, the free Adobe Reader cannot merge PDF files. Acrobat 9 is old, and no longer supported by Adobe, that's why they did not help you with your problem. What makes matters a bit more complicated is that Acrobat 9 is not supported on Windows 10. This does not necessarily mean that it will not run, but that it was never formally tested, which means that we just don't know how well it will (or will not) run.

What you can do is to dig out your old Acrobat 9 installation disk and then try to install that on Windows 10. This should work. If that is not an option, you can of course always get a license for the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC. You only need "Standard" to merger PDF files.

Another option is to get a subscription for Adobe's PDF Pack online tools. These allow you to merge PDF files as well (just not as convenient and straight forward as with the desktop application). Take a look here: Online PDF converter, convert from web or Acrobat Reader | Adobe PDF Pack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all that.So what is my current subscription for $25 that I had on my old PC for "Adobe Export PDF, Annual‎" get me? Did that pay for the essentially useless Adobe Reader I just installed? Jeffrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Export PDF subscription gives you access to a web-based service to convert PDF files to other formats.

You can use it here: https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ExportPDF allows you to convert PDF files to Word or Excel file, and is part of the PDF Pack subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines