• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop Photoshop from launching itself when I don't want it

Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working in Bridge I click on the frame area outside of the actual image in order to highlight that image. Something has happened in either Bridge or Photoshop because after installing the latest Photoshop update that procedure automatically launches Photoshop and the image opens in either Photoshop or Camera Raw hosted by Bridge or the Camera Raw filter hosted by Photoshop.

Adobe technical support took control of the computer. The Adobe technician uninstalled the updated Photoshop and installed Photoshop 19.0. The Adobe Technician said that the updated version of Photoshop has a bug in and to wait until 15 days for a new version to appear which will fix this issue.

In the meantime the issue persists. I have launched Bridge by a method to wipe the preferences clean (Adobe forum advice). That didn't resolve it. I have uninstalled Bridge and reinstalled it. That hasn't resolved it.

If anybody has any idea on how to control Photoshop and stop it from opening whenever it feels like it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of computer are you using, Mac or Windows?

Are you using a mouse or a track pad?

The only time an images opens in PS/ACR is if you double click on it in bridge or you have something set to open with a single click.

That is not a feature in either PS or Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, mouse. Don't see preference to open with single click. Used to be I single clicked the image, not the frame around the image, and it launched PS. Now, click anywhere and PS launches. Adobe Tech said it's a result of PS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get this straight. When you single click an image frame in bridge, it opens in PS. Any chance you have windows set up with the command to single click a program to open it. If so I believe it translates to bridge also. If not and your just trying to view an image in bridge, one click selects it and the space bar opens it in view mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea, will troubleshoot Windows preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In windows explorer, in the view panel, click options. Under the generals tab, "Click items as follows," makes sure it's set to, "Double click to open an item (single click to select).

Other than that my version, "the latest," is working fine. One click anywhere on the picture and it selects it is all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My general tab was set to Double click to open an item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the setting in the Mouse software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines