• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help in "regular" Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

Participant ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when I send a photo to HDR (into Nik Software), and then when I'm done and hit "save", it goes back to the Lightroom, but it is hidden from the other versions I worked on.  I can't find it.  I called Adobe long ago about this, but I can't remember what they told me.  It might have been a setting.  When I open up an image in any other program and change it, then save it, the new version shows up at the bottom along with the other versions of the same picture.  But when I use the HDR, it's hiding somewhere.  Can anyone please help?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the sort order on the tool bar above the filmstrip. Use either capture time or filename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that it didn't work. Actually I remember when I talked to Adobe it was in some setting so I went up into the view setting I think it was and I clicked on file history. I'm pretty sure that's the name of the folder as I'm not at my computer but as soon as I clicked on file history all the pictures in the row at the bottom all opened up so I was able to see all the HDR versions! It's such a quirky thing and I don't know why it only does it WITH HDR but it seems like I figured it out because of sheer frustration!

Thank you so much

Sent on Samsung Galaxy 6.

Have a wonderful day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your external editing preferences, the HDR image will be saved as a PSD or tiff image. When I have done that and have my sort order sets to file name, the tiff image appears with the selected images that were chosen to create the HDR image. Is there any chance you have of filter set to exclude certain file types? I know that's a remote possibility, but had to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim and thank you. I think I know what you're saying. But I did recall when I called Adobe a few years ago about this it was something I thought I changed in one of the the drop-downs, and I did change something in the drop-down I don't know if it was under View or where but whatever I clicked on it and all of a sudden the HDR images appeared in the tile bar below. Should I run into a problem again, I will refer to your email. Thank you kindly for your help. Sometimes there's quirky things in software where the answer is not always apparent.

Diane

Have a wonderful day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working with Drop Downs at, near, the top of the screen then you are working with the Filter Bar and that is why you aren't seeing the image returned to LR.

Click the None entry at the top of the filter bar.

Filter Bar Edited.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was talking about the drop-down menus. Somehow I got the HDR images to show up now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Drop Down menus? Do you mean the menu items at the top of the window, IE the normal menu items?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Have a wonderful day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great... BTW - have you tried making HDR photos directly in Lr? I've tested and compared results from each and the results from Lr are stellar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't. But I know it can be done. Sometimes I take single photos that are of buildings and apply one of the Nik software settings to it.

If it's not too complicated how do you make an HDR in Adobe LR? I absolutely love the look of HDR photos for certain pictures!

Thank you.

Diane

Have a wonderful day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You highlight two or more bracketed images, and invoke the HDR command and let Lightroom do it's thing. It's on the same menu with calling for a panorama or Edit in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines