• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change width-height property to pixels?

Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally switched the dimension display in the properties panel go from pixels to either inches or centimeters. I dropped the keyboard when this happened so I didn't see which buttons were pushed. Can someone please tell me how to make the width and height properties display pixels again please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Thank you for your help but I found it. The option I was looking for was in the INFO panel. I had to search every single menu item to find it and after 3 hours I finally opened that one. In the drop-down box in the right corner of the panel it gives you a choice of how the colors, and the coordinates of objects are displayed. I don't know how but I must have pushed a shortcut key when I dropped the keyboard to make it show centimeters. I'm surely going to keep that panel open from now on ><.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the rectangle to select it. Change the values for width and height in the Properties panel. Press Entter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to change the width and height of the recatangle. I want to change the property numbers to display pixels instead of inches. For example... In the poperties panel on the bottom of fireworks. it says the following:

W: ____   X______

H:  ____   Y______

Now the W H X and Y are all displaying inches...(W=1.4 H=2.3). I don't want this. I want the display to be W=400 H=400.

I hope that is clearer. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the web premium software and it still didn't resolve itself

EDIT: Im sorry I forgot I'm in my other account name. I am the orginal poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose modify > Canvas , Canvas size. Switch from inches to pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help but I found it. The option I was looking for was in the INFO panel. I had to search every single menu item to find it and after 3 hours I finally opened that one. In the drop-down box in the right corner of the panel it gives you a choice of how the colors, and the coordinates of objects are displayed. I don't know how but I must have pushed a shortcut key when I dropped the keyboard to make it show centimeters. I'm surely going to keep that panel open from now on ><.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is on "modify" on the menu. This is not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wheres modify??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Preferences > Units & RUlers > Units: Rulers (Pixels). Now at the bottom info bar if you click the > you can select Document Dimensions and see the px X px (### ppi) info at all times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the units in info panel and dock, go to "File > Document Setup... " or press "Alt+Ctrl+P" and change the units to the one you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator 2019 answer:  File > Document Setup > Units: Pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines