• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant restarting - error when trying to reopen.

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I've never run in to problems with my Lightroom usage or membership, so I'm a little stuck.

I believe everything has been updated at this point.

When opening Lightroom, I get a message that reads:

"Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit."

I'm then getting hit with constant "reopen," or "send error message" options. 1/10 times, I'm able to open Lightroom, only to be kicked out mid-edit.

Any clues what I should do?

Thanks

-Abbey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Please uninstall the Lightroom application using the Adobe CC cleaner tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and then reinstall it.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem. Was advised to remove the data previews file associated with it, which fixed it initially and now I can neither locate this file or start lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abbey and jockoo69,

Sorry that you're getting the error message "Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit".

We have documented solution for this problem here: Lightroom error on preview cache or displays gray thumbnails but as you've mentioned that it doesn't help in resolving it.

I'm then getting hit with constant "reopen," or "send error message" options. 1/10 times, I'm able to open Lightroom, only to be kicked out mid-edit.

@Abbey You've mentioned that the app crashes while editing in the develop module, Could you please help us with the crash report, See Photoshop Elements Editor Help | How to Find Crash Logs on Windows

@jockoo69 Where is your catalog file located on your computer<edited>? Which version of Lightroom are you using and what is your operating system?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm so sorry for the delayed reply. I'm having trouble following these steps. I've got a Mac, and I can't find the appropriate steps to take.

I'm also concerned that I've been paying for Lightroom, and have been unable to access it. I'd like to get the problem solved as quickly as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the confusion. As you're using a MAC, you can find the crash report at this location:

Users/<your user name>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter

To navigate to this location, you'll need to access the hidden user library files on macOS. See Method 2 in this article to understand how. This is how you can read the crash report: Interpret a Photoshop crash report on macOS

Note that you'll also see the crash report as soon Lightroom app crashes and in that case you don't have to find one.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I followed each step provided, and the only thing in my CrashReporter file is something that was synched to my mobile device. I did, however, find an alternate path. I've included screenshots of both.

Please advise.

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 7.34.04 PM.png

as well as the below:

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 7.39.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please uninstall the Lightroom application using the Adobe CC cleaner tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and then reinstall it.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines