• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 9 Pro and straight .swf to PDF conversion

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2009 Jan 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an electronic document that is several .swf files, one file for each document page. Using cutepdf I can put each file in firefox and then print the the page to pdf. This is very tedious since I have 1000+ pages. I would prefer to speed this process up with AA9.

I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. When I try to create a new PDF from the .swf file I get some dialogue that treats the .swf as embedded content. This puts an annoying play button at the bottom of the converted page and makes it incompatible to view in my iPhone or other handheld devices. It would seem that AA9 treats the .swf as .swf and doesn't convert it to .pdf like cutepdf does.

I have to believe that AA9 can ignore the media type of .swf and straight convert the content in the .swf to .pdf without treating it like I want to embed it as a flash file inside a pdf. How is this done? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2009 Jan 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as play button is concerned there is a setting which allows swf to be played as soon as the page is opened or viewed rather than on click (which is the default setting i believe )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2009 Jan 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for your reply. This problem has yet to be resolved sadly. The play button isn't a huge deal as that the document wont convert into straight PDF. I finally gave up and decided to batch convert all of the files and just deal with the embedded content angle AA9 takes. Sadly this was also a failure since every file that was converted (1200+) wants me to confirm the embedded content settings. Very annoying. Any help on these subjects would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources