Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to target 1 folder for upload on Android Phone in Lightroom mobile

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

In Lightroom Mobile, is there a way target a specific folder  for auto import/upload.  At present Lightroom uploading everything from screenshots to downloaded images and I only want it to upload the photos I have taken from my camera roll. Any help will be appreciated.

I am running the latest version of LR Mobile on a Galaxy S8+.  Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

4 Awesome Lightroom mobile Tips and Tricks |  | Peachpit

Lightroom mobile can automatically add new photos that appear in the Camera Roll, the specific album on an iOS device where photos you capture or import are stored.

In Lightroom mobile, tap the Add button to create a new collection on the iPad or iPhone, and name it something like Mobile Photos. Next, tap the ellipsis button (…) to view options for that collection, and then tap Enable Auto Import (see Figure 1). The next time you shoot ph

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 Awesome Lightroom mobile Tips and Tricks |  | Peachpit

Lightroom mobile can automatically add new photos that appear in the Camera Roll, the specific album on an iOS device where photos you capture or import are stored.

In Lightroom mobile, tap the Add button to create a new collection on the iPad or iPhone, and name it something like Mobile Photos. Next, tap the ellipsis button (…) to view options for that collection, and then tap Enable Auto Import (see Figure 1). The next time you shoot photos with your device’s camera and then open Lightroom mobile, the new shots appear in the collection and are synced to Lightroom desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet?  Every photo that goes through facebook, messenger, camera, etc is automatically uploaded to lightroom.  As the original question asks, how can it be limited to a single folder??  I don't need every picture that comes across every app on my phone uploaded to lightroom.  I only want to auto upload the camera roll folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a setting in LR mobile to either upload or not, Auto Add I think it is. Turn that off then you will have to manually add images to LR that will be uploaded to the web system and down to LR on your desktop computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To limit the photos to a folder > First create a collection (folder) > then click on the three dots to the right and 'enable' as the screen shot shows 'from now on the new photos in your camera roll will be add to this collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand how to add to a specific folder in lightroom.  The problem I have is i want to specify which folder on the phone gets uploaded to lightroom.  Right now, any picture that come across my phone from any app ends up being uploaded to my lightroom account.  I only want my camera roll to be uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shot shows how to do that... Auto Add New Photos > Enable. Does your phone allow you to do this? The screen shot is from an iPhone not Android. When Auto-Add is Enabled on the collection your new photos will go directly in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fl_brian I suggest you start a new thread over in the LR CC forum as your question has more to do with the Mobile, Cloud Centric, version of LR.

Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I have is there is no way to limit which folders on the phone get uploaded.  Any photo from any app that crosses my phone winds up in my my online lightroom catalog.  As an example, if i am a member of a messenger group, any photo posted in that group gets sent up to my lightroom account online even if i never even view the messenger conversation.

I'll go over and start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be a setting of the phone software, OS, that saves every image that comes up from any app to the camera roll or to some folder and then LR see that and uploads it.

I don't use the mobile app much and I'm using Android devices but as far as I can tell that isn't a setting in LR.

But could be a setting in iOS or the Camera roll to do that. That is if you are using an iPhone.

I do know that when I receive a text that has a picture attached it doesn't get saved anywhere on my phone, other than IN the text message, and gets deleted if I delete that text message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it is a setting on the phone and not Lr. Any photo that is sent to me via What's App for example ends up in my camera roll...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Android, my messenger and whatsapp images are in their own folders.  Example, I have a folder for 'camera roll', another folder for 'whatsapp images', and 'messenger'.  Most apps like Onedrive and Google Photos let you specify which folders get backed up.  With lightroom it's like it searches my entire phone and uploads every photo it finds.  There is no option to restrict it to a specific folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally understand what you mean. It's not like Google Photos than you can tell it to just sync 'camera' photos and omit e.g. screenshots or whatsapp.

I've been searching for a solution myself. Did you manage to find a way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Did you find a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am also curious, did anyone find out if there is any good solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines