• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo missing message in Develop module, but Library Find says none are missingW

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very confused about this. When working on photos in Develop, I see many of them say "Photo is missing" with the exclamation point in a box. In Library-Quick Develop, it says Metadata Status = Has been changed.

However, for the same photos in Gridview, I do not see any symbols in the upper right indicating anything is missing.

When I tried Library-Find All Missing Photos, I got a popup message back saying "All photos in this catalog are available".

Does anyone know why Develop would say a photo is missing, but no such message in Gridview and the search function says they all exist?

Also, does anyone know what might cause the metadata status to say Has been changed? I thought that may be due to confusion where the photo is.

Any help is much appreciated.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any of those images been edited in a plug-in such as one of the Nik Plug-ins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I have only started to experiment with non-LR software, and it was not used on the photos in question. This issue is happening to many folders in the catalog = thousands of photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you moved any of the photos, not using Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason you might not see the exclamation mark in the Grid view or the film strip is because you have the option to show badges turned off.

It's in the View Options Cell Icon section of the Grid view tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not moved any photos at all, in LR or not. I should have said that in my original post, whoops. The only thing I did recently that was not common for me was to merge a catalog into the main one I use. When I later was going to synch the parent folder for my pics, I saw something come up saying that it had was going to import thousands of pics. I freaked out and did not proceed. When I saw the Photo is missing message, I thought I'd look at the synch again to see if it was 'discovering' thousands of pics, but it did not (and I did not proceed to synch).

I'm not sure if the merge, or the synch findings are related to the Photo is missing msg or not. They just happened close in time - or that I noticed. It's possible that the Photo is missing existed before but I didn't notice. Same too with the metadata has changed stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use an external drive to store your images?

When was the last time you restarted your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I forgot to say that I checked the View Options, and the "Thumbnail Badges" is clicked for Gridview, so I assume that means I should get the exclamation point or question mark or whatever LR-CC uses. Thank you for suggesting that though. I didn't think to look there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No external drive. I have a large local drive (although it's starting to get full).

I rebooted last week. Maybe that's worth doing ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well this is odd. I rebooted, and it is all fixed now. That is the weirdest thing ... I had restarted not long ago!

Thank you both for helping on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines