• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I edit the glare/reflection out of this photo?

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following image was taken this past Sunday at my local zoo where it was very sunny albeit cold, and the only viewing areas for the tigers were through tinted glass. I was able to get my lens close to the glass to minimize the glare, but I had forgotten my hood and polarizing lens. This photo is so gorgeous though! I've tried editing it by using adjustments and curves, but everything I do looks... well, terrible. Can anyone help me fix it? DSC_0574.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Hi

The tint can be taken care of in the camera raw filter with the white balance tools.

The other areas you could try a combination of
a. A hue and saturation layer combined with a curve on the large areas that still have some detail

b. Moving the image slightly - setting to darker color - then masking to hide the light stripes at the bottom

c. Rebuilding those areas which have no detail using the clone stamp tool from other areas of the fur - quick and dirty example below:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

The tint can be taken care of in the camera raw filter with the white balance tools.

The other areas you could try a combination of
a. A hue and saturation layer combined with a curve on the large areas that still have some detail

b. Moving the image slightly - setting to darker color - then masking to hide the light stripes at the bottom

c. Rebuilding those areas which have no detail using the clone stamp tool from other areas of the fur - quick and dirty example below:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines