• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Exporting from LR CC

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI guys, I'm having a similar issue. I can't seem to even find the export tab in my Lightroom. I can only save photos. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

In the new Lightroom CC, it's under the File menu. The option is "Save to". There aren't as many options as they are in Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MaxineML  wrote

HI guys, I'm having a similar issue. I can't seem to even find the export tab in my Lightroom. I can only save photos. Please help!

LR doesn't have a Save Photo option.

The Export button is at the bottom of the left hand panel in the Library module.

If you have an option to Save Photo then you aren't using LR.

Posted in the wrong forum. Move to the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your response.I have an Adobe Lightroom CC membership that I'm paying for each month, so I'm not sure what you mean. I am using Lightroom CC, the new edition. Can you provide more information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new Lightroom CC, it's under the File menu. The option is "Save to". There aren't as many options as they are in Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched your question and I'm moving it over to the LR CC forum.

You posted in the wrong forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for this information. I've just downloaded Lightroom Classic, which is apparently the platform to use if you want to import photos.

Lightroom CC only lets you save images. I was under the impressions that Lightroom CC was the newer version of Lightroom Classic, that's why I didn't bother downloading Classic at first.

Thanks to you both, vey helpful and I can't thank you enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC is Adobe's new cloud-based platform. It's possible to import or "Add New" photos, and photos can be synchronized from Lightroom Classic CC. But your initial question was about exporting. That is why I answered the way I did. The "traditional" Lightroom that has been around for about a decade has been rebranded as Lightroom Classic CC. Yes, the names of the programs are confusing. Don't ask. At least now you are on the right track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MaxineML  wrote

Thank you both for this information. I've just downloaded Lightroom Classic, which is apparently the platform to use if you want to import photos.

Lightroom CC only lets you save images. I was under the impressions that Lightroom CC was the newer version of Lightroom Classic, that's why I didn't bother downloading Classic at first.

Thanks to you both, vey helpful and I can't thank you enough.

So you're now settling on LR Classic? Is that correct?

I'll leave this discussion here and if you have any questions on LR Classic CC post over at the LR C CC forum.

All the best to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, yes I'm going to be using Lightroom Classic CC, I believe. I guess I just have one question for the two of you:

For photographers who want to import and export large files, and make lots of edits, which one is "better"? I  know Lightroom CC is the newest version, which only lets you save images, not export them.  ls there really a big difference between saving (with Lightroom CC) and exporting (with Lightroom Classic )? 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC is a New program that is Cloud Centric and completely different from the original and traditional version of LR.

LR Classic CC is the newest version of the traditional version of LR.

Yes for photographers that want to work with images file on there local computer, have all the editing functions they are use to, then LR Classic is more suited for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom CC is a new program designed for a different type of user who wants their images immediately available on all devices, computer, mobile phone, iPad, you name it, immediately. Additionally, an interface that is universal across all devices. That means that the images are stored in the cloud. In order to do this, and to have a common interface, requires a lot of redesign. And that means rethinking of how a lot of the tools are integrated. As I understand it, this means a redesign from the ground up. That also means that features must be added to Lightroom CC as they are perfected and integrated into this new interface. Consequently, Lightroom CC is missing many features that have become expected in Lightroom throughout the years. Features will be added as Lightroom CC continues to be developed. As a user, each of us must choose which Lightroom provides the best service for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines